How come role q is only in quick play on September 1st?

Well it’s just they tested it for so long already. And beta doesn’t count ? So that means there are a lot of throwers because it doesn’t count? And the Throwers don’t care because of it?

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

1 Like

They really didn’t. The vast majority of the playerbase doesn’t do PTR and the devs don’t care about the feedback that people give on PTR. OG Brig is a good example of them not listening to PTR feedback.

What about ppl throwing? Is it happening in beta more?

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

There is no way to calculate the number of people throwing in Beta, though more people seem to be complaining of it on the forums.

Ok thanks

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Maybe they decided to redesign the role queue menu for Quickplay…

✅ [2-2-2] Putting RoleQ into Quickplay

1 Like

But why? I think it looks good

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Is that an ACTUAL forum signature, or is it just there to slow down everyone trying to read past it?

Maybe to make people rage less, when they can’t figure out that Quickplay Classic exists on the Arcade screen?

You should have seen it when it was on PTR :slight_smile:

they can put it up while they’re working on the new design :woman_shrugging:

My guess would be extended feedback before they really commit to it. PTR was fine because the people that have wanted Role Queue played games there whereas everyone who was either against it or neutral mostly stayed on live servers. This beta season is a chance to see how the larger playerbase responds to it - and as a result, we’ve seen more threads complaining about 2/2/2 and Role Queue because more players are being exposed to it.

So yeah, that’s my guess. They just want to see how the larger playerbase respond, as opposed to only the people that go to PTR. Honestly, I’d want them to do this more often, especially for big changes like this. Plus, it’d be about as close to a PTR server as console is going to get.

1 Like

I did, what happened?

Uh, no. That’s why we are having a beta competitive season. Not everyone plays on the PTR for PC. And, unless console players have a PC as well, we can’t use the PTR at all. This is a major change for OverWatch and they need to test it as much as possible.

2 Likes

My guess is that they really want to focus on getting Comp right, and don’t want to play attention to Quickplay right now.

There was quite a bit of salt on PTR too in the groups I was in, even ranking high silver and mid bronze, the sour ones were out, trash talking teammates, etc. It felt like a regular comp season to me.

Huh, it’s almost like 2-2-2 doesn’t make toxicity better

4 Likes

It is an actual forum signature. and it doesn’t slow down reading :slight_smile:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

It never will, the endorsement system can’t even do it. Blizzard actually needs to step up their game.

Pretty much. Yesterday, me and my duo were doing some of our placements. I did mine for tank and then DPS, and he did his for support and then DPS. The first five placements were fine. We were on our main role, and we didn’t really have any problems.

But then we went DPS, and out of our five placement games, two of them were toxic. Because every time there was a problem hero on the enemy team, they expected us, the DPS, to take care of it alone, ignoring that our tanks weren’t creating the space we needed. And when I switched to another DPS to try to counter, a support did try to enable me, but after I died once, I never got their healing again.

Those few bad games when we played DPS really kinda helped me realize just how stupid this whole DPS vs. Support thing is. Before, it was just there, and I didn’t pay it much mind. But now that 2/2/2 is making it a bit more overt, I’m realizing just how stupid and pointless it is. I’ve honestly considered making a thread just to talk about how ridiculous the DPS/Support feud is.

1 Like