How can I prove that i'm not hacking

I really like playing as Widow and I think i’m pretty good with her. Unfortunatly I happen to play on my friend’s old account because my main account got banned. The problem ? My friend has almost always been placed in bronze so i get teamed up with players who aren’t that good. I often get called a hacker or an extreme smurf. I get reported in 1of 3 matches. You can’t really tell if i’m hacking or not by my Potgs cuz most of the time I line up headshots without missing. Like I said I was banned before and I don’t want the same thing to happen with this account.

record a video.
I played csgo and watched very much " overwatch " in csgo ;D

I think it’s not allowed to share accounts.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. There’s a little more to hackers than just good aim, because the way they move their crosshairs tends to be much different than actual players. If you’re really that concerned about it, record a video (be sure to include your desktop and set-up), and if you get banned, request permission to submit that as evidence

I don’t share this account with my friend, she gave it to me because she didn’t like her stats (weird ik).

I would recommend that you record multiple games. Usually, it’s quite hard to tell if someone is hacking or not by just watching the kill feed. But when you have long, drawn-out footage of gameplay, usually it becomes more clear that you’re just a skilled player.

If nothing else, just pull a Geguri and march up to Blizzard headquarters, and play a game in front of the devs themselves :laughing:

I already recorded just in case…problem, I often hit targets that would probably be Impossible (enemies while airborne like Junk and other widows, or headshot d.va when shes bailing out) to hit for a real bronze player

Curious, why did you banned exactly ?

Knowing how toxicity hardly gets punished, I wonder what you did reach this point.

Like I said, I wouldn’t worry. For all they know (well… obviously not now that you’ve made a thread about it), you could be a smurf.

banned for suspicious activities… I didn’t do anything tho and almost cried over it

You were definitely using a third party program as they have ways to detect them.

5 Likes

I really didn’t, maybe I should just contact the Support

TBH with the way the report system works in this game, she could have just been mass reported.

But yes, third party programs (even those that aren’t helping you cheat, they can be totally innocuous) can net you a ban. I know a lot of Destiny players had issues with this when it dropped on PC through Blizzard, so it’s not a long-stretch of the imagination to think it could be something similar

Just wanted to tell you i’m female… she*

It can be from macro to straight aimbot. None of them are allowed and no third party program in general. This is the only way to be banned in this game. Not even throwing can get you banned but suspended.

I can hardly buy this excuse.

Reports get you to suspension at best. Ban is for heavy offense that influences the game itself such as third party programs. It’s literally impossible to get banned from simple reports unless they detect suspicious programs.

2 Likes

I agree with you Cersei, every report category is treates differently as an example abusive chat behaviour is checked manually before suspension same with Cheating reports which are handled by a different team.

Is there anyway I could prove you i’m not using any cheats ? A video perhaps ? The only thing running in the background when I play is youtube

Fixed :wink:

As I said, it’s plausible to think that she was running something innocuous in the background that was accessing the game files without actually modifying the game. If it happened for Destiny, which also runs through Blizzard on PC, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think it could happen in Overwatch

1 Like

Not really, Destiny wasn’t made by Blizzard, but OW was.