How can forced losses NOT be a thing?

why is every win in any mode ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS “punished” with 4-5 losses aftewards?
Like why.
Every day… every gd day with this game.
I’m over it. I’m about to peace out permanently too like MoxFoulder is talking about doing. I’m over it.
No one likes this Blizzard, it isn’t working. Knock off this stupid new MM

9 Likes

When you’re playing against equally skilled opponents, it’s expected that you have a 50% winrate within that matchmaking range. When your mmr dips below where you should be, you win more than 50%, and vice versa. And win and loss streaks happen, they’re far from oddities.

5 Likes

I"m at like 30% and have been since OW2 launched.
i dont have winrates that low in Paladins or even fortnite. THis is ridiculous.

Those games aren’t Overwatch 2. I’m far better at games like Battlefield and Call of Duty than I am at Overwatch. They have different skill weightings.

1 Like

Why do you think the game picked you to lose so much?

Assuming it has, what would be a good reason to frustrate one player that much?

1 Like

to keep me playing…always chasing that win? I dunno, maybe its working but maybe i’m tired of feeling like an abused spouse.
The ONLY time I win more than liek 2 in a row is if i’m in a stack. That’s it.
I dont want to have to stack to win every time.

I pretty regularly have win streaks and have a positive w/l ratio (in win favor).
I play solo almost exclusively.

Why am I being “blessed” and you “cursed”?

7 Likes

Insane rubber banding, you can tell within 2 mins if the game is a complete waste of time or not. That’s a huge problem!

1 Like

I’m in Bronze and they will start dropping 2 Platinums or Diamonds on the opposite team who end up going 30-0

1 Like

There’s too many factors involved but I do agree sometimes it does feel like the game forces you into a “losers queue”. Even when you’re doing your best, your stats are amazing and you get play of the game, you still lose the game, it feels like the odds are stacked against you.

5 Likes

and thast the other tough thing. I know what confirmation bias is and i’m doing my best to try and “overcome” that but the last 10 days I’ve sat down and just checked boxes with wins and losses and most days (10 days was my total sample size) 7 out of 10, start with a loss.
8 of those days had more than 5 games out of the 10 I played each day where it was a one-side stomp in which I’m on the losing side.
The highest win day for me was day 3 in which I won 6 out of the 10 games but then for the next 7 days, I would spend upwards of an hour trying to get one win (Unranked & Arcade). Day 9 was the worst as I only won one game out of the 10.

Now, I played more than 10 games each day (usually around 20); but I know for a fact that at the beginning of OW2 and right towards the end of OW1, my win rate WAS closer to 50% and as I said, would only trend up if I had a stack for days at a time.

I have no seen that 50% since the second season. I’ve consisently hover around 25-30% win rate. That is pure unadultered garbage.

1 Like

Reasearch EOMM or “Engagement Optimised Match making”, thats what OW2 has…

2 Likes

I can appreciate you’ve attempted to eliminate confirmation bias with actual logged data.

The other things to ask yourself:

Am I actually enjoying the game?
Am I participating just because I used to like it?
Do I give up too easily or am I giving up subconsciously?
If the suspected underlying systems are present, why is this good (or profitable) to do to me rather than anyone else?

Maybe take a break. Maybe try different strategies. Maybe approach your games without thinking you’re going to get “good” or “bad” teammates and just do your best and concentrate on whether you could have played better or you were just going through the motions.

All others can tell you is their experiences as none of us have definite answers as to how the game works under the hood.

It’s not your fault, but it is important to try and put reasons with solid facts under them to build your conclusions rather than taking the easy way out with “the system is making me lose”.

1 Like

Yet what about equally skilled team mates? This is the true issue going on not how good the enemy team is or not. Provided that Blizzard even allows you to rematch them after avoiding 3 of them the results go from a one-sided loss having them on your side to a one-sided win having them on their side. Every single game is a matter of Blizzard giving you dead weights that like to lose or actual players that want to win on your side not your own skill. You could be the best possible player on your team but it doesn’t matter if you’re on your own.

4 Likes

They didn’t buy enough skins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Are you one tricking any hero?

What role are you playing?

What is your comp rank ?

Do you mostly play comp or qp?

What is your playtime ? And how many matches do you play?

What is your current actual wr overall in qp or in comp this season depending on whichever you play?

The game is rigged to push you as close to 50 wr as possible.

Because you are lovely!

3 Likes

No cause they are mei main, we all know the secret pact Kaplan made for ow success with the Satan and in return mei mains always get easy games.

It’s also when Kaplan went against Satan and started nerfing mei that overwatch started declining fast.

2 Likes

it’s not “forced losses” let me try to explain what’s been happening with MM since day 1.

If you are winning games “too much” the algorithm will pair with, usually multiple, people who are losing. Because the game thinks that your wins along with their losses will balance out the skill…meaning the match will be as close to a 50/50 win loss ratio.

Basically it’s like the more money you make the more you get taxed effectively punishing you for being successful.

You also have to realize that the Blizzard WANTS us to play more. The psychological effect of losing is demoralizing and it “tricks” you (for lack of a better term) into playing more just so you can hope to achieve a win for that dopamine hit.

Someone did a YT or a Reddit post about this long ago it was actually quite interesting…they did the math and all the numbers and I was like yea that actually makes total sense.

1 Like

It’s true, we do :slight_smile:

It’s all good.

1 Like