How can Dva eat mei ults when ice beam range is the same as DM

Just wondering how the devs expect us to eat mei ults whenever she can just freeze you whenever your in range?

3 Likes

Imagine if D.va could eat Mei Freeze.

✅ Nerf Mei Frost to be a Projectile

2 Likes

That’s a pretty high investment compared to most ultimates, really. Blizzard casts slowly enough that you can eat it on reaction. She has to either wall you off or spend the time fully freezing you to even have a chance of successfully casting it.

There are plenty of irritating things about facing Mei, but that’s one particular area where D.va’s more annoying for the Mei than vice versa.

1 Like

When I played D.Va, I only ate Snowball by chance but it’s usually based on educated guesses at when Mei will launch the Ultimate i.e. usually when you are grouped up and Mei wants multi-freeze. I wouldn’t try a 1 vs 1 deny since most Mei’s get greedy and don’t solo Ult.

3 Likes

Mehhh… since the freeze buffs and the DM nerfs Mei pretty much hard counters D.Va.
D.Va can’t kill her, she gets bullied hard by her, she can’t dive onto anything that is anywhere within 10 meters around the Mei.

Eating her ultimate is pretty much the last thing shes got left and even if that happens it is 99% of the time due to a fail on Meis side and not due to a good play of the D.Va.

4 Likes

Thing is, she can’t lol. Even if you walked directly onto mei’s face, you won’t be able to eat mei’s ulti because she can just throw it down, make a wall and toss it or freeze dva and then toss it.

One reason why her matrix distance nerf hit her extremely hard, but not the only reason. But the lack of distance will just let projectiles bypass it easily, even hanzo can just turn his dragonstrike away from dva before it gets eaten now and mccrees couldn’t get easier high noons than they have when enemy team plays a dva.

6 Likes

The whole thing decent meis do is that they freeze d.va then throw it while she’s frozen.
Which is like… fine. But meh

3 Likes

what i do when I play mei and have ult is wait for dva to use DM first. Dva is super easy to play around.

2 Likes

I mean, did you hear Jeff the last time and have you seen their actions? Pretty sure they don’t want D.Va to be capable of eating anything anymore, much less the ultimate of one of their biases.

1 Like

DM should just be a fun visual trick.

1 Like

The devs could resolve this problem by making Snowball an object instead of a projectile.

^True. Plus it is an ultimate, like Hammond’s mines, so it too should receive special treatment to make it totally exclusive from being affected by a mere right click ability. In addition, Snowball and Zarya’s Graviton orbs both have no health bars, just like Sigma’s rocks—and D.Va can’t eat those, either! Makes no sense that D.Va can eat Snowball or Graviton Surge. If the devs could fix this little interaction problem, D.Va would certainly become even more fun to shoot ultimates at.

Tbh…might just be me, but even if it weren’t so useless, just turning DM on is miserable experience for me now. The motion is so disorienting and low key migraine triggering x.x

Wtb static option.

Don’t stand right in front of the Mei? Same way you don’t stand right in front of Zarya before she gravs?