How bad did Hanzo hurt Genji?

True but their teacher still kicks his teeth in maybe she will be the Japanese tank hero

But i dont think genji was taking it all that seriously because if he did hanzo would have had to do a more definitive blow then a single strike he seems to have landed

1 Like
  1. Hanzo believed that Genji was dead. And Genji had to be taken Mercy–you know, the resurrection lady–to be saved. So I think it’s fairly safe to assume that Genji was in really, really bad shape. Bad enough that anyone but Mercy would have found him beyond saving.

2. Hanzo and Genji are shown to be about equally matched when Hanzo uses a bow… but Hanzo says that he is better with a sword. So it stands to reason that Hanzo is a better swordsman than Genji. Which Hanzo also said in OW1, quite directly, “You were never my equal.” This kind of checks out with the lore, as Hanzo was the one who was dedicated to his training while Genji was the one who kept sneaking off to the arcade. Genji didn’t start taking things seriously until he started working with Overwatch.

That said, the elegant duel between brothers happened after Genji had gotten his cyborg body and his Overwatch/Blackwatch training, and was coming back to give Hanzo a second chance.
Hanzo hacking Genji to pieces was a different incident, many years prior, and I’m not even sure if Genji was armed when it happened, let alone mentally prepared to fight to the death with his own brother. It was really more of an execution than a duel.