(Hot Take) Scatter Arrow was Better Than Storm Arrows

you can peek him you just cant peek from the same spot the rest of the team is peeking because u can walk into something meant for them and/or its wallhacked.

The problem with Scatter was that it was frustrating to get oneshot as a tank by someone shooting your feet, but it was also often inconsistent on the Hanzo’s end. It could have worked if they removed the ability to scatter on the floor.

storm arrow sux balls now wym who is getting abused by a 4tap

1 Like

Ya

It was real difficult to aim vaguely at someone’s feet.

You can peak him once, and unless you are playing a hero who can oneshot, that’s not enough most of the time.

If they nerfed his damage and gave him more unique arrows that would be cool.

I remember coming out of 2nd point on Hanamura as Tracer, just crossed the bridge and then died from scatter arrow fired into the first point doorway.

…your title says ‘better’ though so are we discussing how ‘fun’ it is or which one is ‘better?’ :thinking:

Scatter Arrow was definitely cooler than Storm Arrows, i wish they brought it back. Storm Arrow is pointless if all they are gonna do is nerf it until it isn’t worth using,

Scatter arrow could not headshot. It is amazing how misinformed people are when it comes to Hanzo.

No wonder they still think he is OP.

all they should’ve done was nerf the damage a bit so it couldn’t be a one shot anymore and that’s it. Storm arrow still feels clunky for me to this day.

Nah, thanks, but no, thanks. With Storm Arrows I at least now Hanzo really aimed at me. So, I respect those kills.

With Scatter? I tried it, I tested it, I laughed. It was so random and easy to exploit - just hilarious. Shoot at the feet and you will kill half the time, almost every time. Spam it in general direction and you would get kills. Not consistently enough to be reliable, but consistently enough to be annoying.

And that was the thing about this ability. Sure, some Hanzos used it like a precision tool. But most - you encounter a Hanzo, he makes a panic shot and then you just throw a dice to die or survive.

How can you even spam 10 second CD ability? How does a -in your words- “random ability” kills almost everytime?

It is funny watching you contradict yourself at every turn.

It most certainly did not but okay.

By spam I mean shooting it on CD.

And about probability it’s a joke there. Works everytime half the time.

The problem with ability is that it at all sometimes worked when someone shoots randomly in panic. With usual shots you also can try you luck - but there are generally only two areas where you either hit your target or miss it. With scatter there are multiple points where it would be a miss, but due to ricochet and shotgun effect there were also MULTIPLE points where it would work.

If you can somehow remove that randomness from scatter and make it an ability that just hits or misses, depending on your aim and can’t be used as luck throw - I am all for it. Some multi-shot with spread, some one time ricochet spread ability that is predictable - cool, make it happen, balance with numbers. Just please, no this random three times ricocheting BS.

why cant we have storm arrow and scatter arrow in the same cooldown just push the ability once for storm and 2 times for scatter arrow there problem fixed now everyone can have the best of both worlds

That would be cool, but they should do that and, instead, replace storm Arrows with something like a fire arrow. Then you can alternate between scatter and fire (or something else)

I would imagine that one of them would ultimately be stronger than the other and players who would on purpose or by accident use the weaker arrows would be spammed to hell in every game.

I mean it wouldn’t make any difference. I already get randomly headshot by Hanzo spamming arrows. It can bounce off 3 walls and headshot me

yea of course its better thats why it was removed. And it wasnt hard to aim at the floor in front of someone and make all the arrows hit at once.