Horizon has been reworked on the PTR - footage of rework

Wait is this map change live?

horizon was the only balanced 2cp. defenders now have more walking form spawn on B. i dont really like the change bcs i think the map was ok.

Horizon was statisically the least balanced map in the entire game last time Jeff posted stats, and it strongly favored attackers.

i dont like it, i liked horizon because there were more ways to aproach attack. However iam one of the few and it needs to be balanced for QP :(.

but this is what makes 2cp so hated.

1 Like

Well that wasn’t supposed to happen but there you go. We have some changes that we are still working on and testing for the map so what you are seeing here may not be final. Also as an FYI it won’t be released with the next patch and no eta for when it will be released as it is still a rework in progress.

132 Likes

Nice! Take your time. We can wait :wink:

6 Likes

There were only 2 maps that weren’t very, very close to 50/50.

Horizon Lunar Colony which strongly favored attackers.
And Eichenwalde, which is a payload map, and strongly favors defenders.

Most of the 2 CP maps are balanced and were nearly 50/50.

5 Likes

im loving it so far keep up the good work

2 Likes

Really it seems bout even. Kinda looks easier to attack. Though guess sicne they cant go down bottom easily.

It looks good so far. Good job!

2 Likes

I like those changes.

Pretty interesting! Looking forward to seeing what the final revision will be like.

I think Volskaya was pretty fair, even if it is one of my least favorite maps aesthetically speaking.

Good to know my least favorite map might become my favorite…
Thanks for the intel.

i’m starting to think you guys have a “leaker” in your midst lol

5 Likes

While you’re in the thread, could you guys give us an update on map winrates? Jeff posted some nearly a year ago, it would be interesting to see the current data.

Dahell? Why is the main path to point A closed? And a extra camp spot for point B? What is this madness?

this is actually what i tell my underclass man in architecture major: if you find an empty space you don’t know what to fill it, add plants

6 Likes

I’m really excited if this makes the first point much more contestable. Really interesting changes.