Honestly, Would Shutting down OW2, make it easier to fix?

Unfortunately it’s too late now

They already get backlash I would only get worse

So is harassment, didn’t stop them now did it?

…You might want to research that more.

Nah, sleazy company doing sleazy things, film at 11.

It’s possible that taking the game offline temporarily could speed repairing whatever has been bugging it up, but, then there’s the whole issue of ticking off the parts of the community that can get in and giving the alleged DDOSers what they wanted.

There’s also the possibility that taking the game offline does nothing as far as making backend bugfixes and server stability improve.

I’ve been playing just fine on a merged console account, so the merged glitch has more specifics that cause it then just console/PC merged. What those exactly are is probably key to fixing that issue.

1 Like

Again, I am pretty sure there are more bugs then known. (Mostly because no one can get connected.)

In the times I have been on, I saw t-poses, certain highlights crashing the game, huge lag spikes, projectiles not working as intended, and more.

Plus since making this topic, I tried to get back on… and I am still in queue… 200 people currently ahead of me… Plus don’t know if I will error out at the end.

Really?
I’ve experienced nothing of the sort in the probably 6 or so hours I’ve played. Closest I got was some Skyrim-esque ragdolls on people killed mid mobility.
I did have a Sojourn T-Pose when I loaded into a defeat screen, but that sometimes happened in OW1, so I ignored it.

The queue to even get in is annoying, fully agree. I set it up to go through that while I was taking a shower, worked well enough.

100% honest, I don’t know enough about backend stuff to really say if it would be solely beneficial to temporarily close the game. My basic computer knowledge says bugfixes will take the same time to write and internally vet regardless, the server thing is more questionable. If it’s an issue of integrating more servers then it’d be throttled by how quickly they can format the server, and I don’t see the live game affecting that.

I’d hope that Blizz has people experienced and reasonable enough to make that call if the game is that dire, but launching the game this messy has me concerned they might not.

I’m not sure there would be much backlash. I believe a large part of the playerbase would view it as Blizz actually getting serious about correcting the issue

1 Like

if they was to shut it down they would have to refund people for the watchpoint pack

Yes. Shut it down. Restore OW. Seep OW2 content into OW1.

1 Like

So just finally was able to log in finally (attempt 40, seemly 30 mins maybe 40 mins of wait time)… and learning about the migration queue bug?

260000 migration queue wait time…

And while looking down to type this… Crashed again.

Dude the game is just unplayable.

In all honesty PC isnt having many issues. We just change regions. A shutdown makes no sense. Eventually they’ll get it sorted out. I am 100% sure they have any available person they could get working on a fix.

Ooof.
I am very sorry.
I can only speculate on what the core issues causing it are and state that I haven’t had any problems on my PS4. Maybe my cursed luck finally let me have something.
If they need to take it down, they absolutely should, but I don’t know enough about what they should be or are doing to make that call.

Ideally this is the last day of issues, at least the core login issues and some of the more drastic bugs.

1 Like

Gonna waste another 40 mins while reading a manga.

But exp shows I will likely see a red error at the end of this tunnel.

And will have to exit the game completely to try again…

Also to note that I am on the Xbox X…

Migrated and confirmed but still a Migration queue… :roll_eyes:

Likely will not change for awhile.

(edit: So I was managed to get on again(29 mins later)… and saw all my skins back on default again…discouraged logging off.)

final edit: Honestly, I think “trying” to log in now, is just making everything worse.

I just saw all my skins back on default and I think my settings reset…

Literally what I spent all this time on before crashing.

This forum is very biased about that. The people who are playing the game aren’t on the forums usually. I’ve been playing without problem for 5 hours. There’s no lag or dc’s.

Beside the forums being biased, which it’s new. I have also seen huge groups of people having the same issue outside of the forums.

Seems like most haven’t been able to play.

Blizz is really testing their rep…which was already bad. (Doubt about future sponsors now.)

Since crossplay on queue is working on Xbox pretty fine i just hope this maintenance fix the keyboard and mouse input who works (buggy) only at menu, i used to play OW 1 on PC but now i got an Xbox and im glad i got my old account working fine, now i need my muscular memory please fix the input for Keyboard and Mouse :frowning:

The people who are getting in aren’t going on the forums to complain about being able to get in.