Holy Light: A Mercy rework concept

Hi. I have mained Mercy for 2 years and have about 300 hours on her. I am a GM player and believe that res is holding her back from her full potential

Caduceus Staff:

-Healing up to 60

Creator Comment: Mercy currently is not preforming in the way I believe she should be and this change will help her preform admirably

New Ability: Valkyrie

Mercy can now fly for 5 seconds. During this time, she is faster and and has longer range on Guardian Angel and her staff. Healing is bumped to 70 per second, she can only heal one person at a time. 15 second cool down.

New Ultimate: Holy Light

-Mercy places a 10 meter circular aura of light

-Does 60 healing per second

-Makes team do 15% more damage

-Applies anti-cc effect to users inside

-Lasts 8 seconds

-Charge takes 2500 healing

-Ultimate voiceline

English: May the light protect you

German: Möge das Licht dich beschützen

-Animation: Caduceus

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Template:Mercy_Emotes

Creator Comments: This ult is supposed to make her team push to wherever Mercy places her light. This means her ultimate would be very strong on 2CP and control while being weak on payload. Though the healing might seem low, she can still heal with her staff while inside her aura meaning a 115 healing per second. This ultimate will be incredibly strong with Lucio or Brig.

I posted this idea in a previous forum

4 Likes

I completly love this idea! There is no need to rezz teammates if they don’t die right?

Yeah. I am still unsure about the ultimate since Mercy is supposed to be a single target healer, but I think it is a good idea in all

you named it this way because of hearthstone, didnt you?

BY THE HOLY LIGHT!

No, but that is fitting since it’s also a blizzard game. I kind of just randomly came up with the idea and here we are.

change the thing about speed to damage boost and I’m sold. I don’t think having a speed applying aura will be good for her and that is more lucios terf

Maybe damage resistance and a little less healing could work?

Sounds good. It’s just that speed boost on a static aura seems kind of useless.

EDIT: If the voiceline for the witch Mercy isn’t still My servants never die I will riot

Unsure about the CC immunity

Would it make you immune to ultimates such as Graviton Surge?

I would be an ultimate trade if Mercy used it while in Graviton (and a pretty fair one considering this ult takes a while to charge), but Mercy’s Team would have to move quickly since being in graviton for a short time puts you in a massive disadvantage state.

You wouldn’t be guaranteed life either since Mercy would be doing 115 healing to one person only and the rest would be getting 60.

If Mercy already has her Light out and Zarya Gravs into it, that is poor play on the Zarya’s part and not the ult being broken.

Remember that this is also a tiny AoE ultimate meaning that everyone would still be grouped up.

Honestly a very interesting concept.

What would be the cooldown for this?

Given the free flight and all, it would have to be pretty hefty, maybe like 20 seconds but the cooldown only starts when the 5 seconds of flight ends.

We already saw that 60hps makes her pretty hard to beat since she has the most consistency and bumping it up to 70 for 5 seconds sounds extremely strong.

I think base healing could go up to 55 or they could add a mechanic where its 50 baseline but can go up to 60 the closer you are to your target, and thus add more variance to her.

15-20 seconds. Like Baptiste’s Regen ability.

This is also a whole rework without res so Mercy has to keep her allies alive now. She has nothing to fall back on.

Seem like she would just be another tank healer these changes are good for healing tanks but much worse for healing the DPS and not sure how flankers are going to get her when she can fly away everytime they come for here.

I personally have no issues with flankers currently. As long as my team is where they need to be, I can easily escape all harm and live.

Using the Valk ability for an escape harms your team because you lost 5 seconds of 70 healing per second.

Why can’t you keep healing while you are flying away from tracer on the ground? just like valk now

You can, but if you were where you needed to be, you wouldn’t have to use it like that.

I am saying that if you use to escape a flanker, you most likely didn’t use it at the best time. Keeping yourself alive is the ultimate priority, but Mercy always seems to find a way out with Guardian Angel.

They why even be able to fly at all??

What is the point if it not to get away from someone who is on you?? You can GA to an teammate

Because it will look good. Also because if it was on the ground, it would probably feel very clunky.

Can tracer fly too. Cause it would look good. She can already get away with recall