Hog nerf? Barrage can be healed through

It’s either breather still needs further nerfing or Barrage needs to change. I barraged a Hog point blank and he was able to breather through the damage with no other support help.

Barrage is already one of the worst ults in the game but to use it on a tank, giving him a 20% healing debuff, and he still uses one ability to survive without coming close to death is beyond dumb.

Pharah’s mobility buff was a good move for her but her ult is still flat out garbage unless it’s paired with something. (but lol at hog breather and them still being the go to tank despite the nerf)

1 Like

Clip? Or replay code with time stamp?
I’m sure it’s possible but just want to see.

Also hot take I guess but this isn’t really a problem. It’s supposed to give hog more survivability and he already has like 700 hp

rocket barrage does 1200 damage per second at point blank, hog has 800+400 health, not including the 50% damage reduction, so about 1600 damage taken at best. If he really stood there and took it at ‘point blank’, he should have died, im guessing you were too far to land all the rockets on him and he should have been critical by the end of the ult

Doesn’t Take a Breather have a damage reduction component to it as well? It’d be a stacking benefit to go along with the standard Tank damage reduction.

Add it all together, it might have been just enough to survive through, and if he’d been naded prior to the ult, he wouldn’t have had any problems staying standing with the heal buff nade gives.

thats why i said

the 400 health recover plus 50% damage reduction means he can take a further 800 damage

pharah ult does a total damage of 3k damage assuming hog ate all of the rockets

Shouldn’t this also be reduced by the DPS passive too? Hog shouldn’t be able to get the full healing if he gets hit by barrage since it procs the DPS passive and therefore reducing his healing by quite a lot.

true, so the hog should have died if he really was in point blank, i just think OP whiffed most of his shots

3 Likes

Yeah, the rockets spread out a lot the further you are away. I once had a soldier that somehow evaded a close range barrage by running snake-lines… somehow the rockets all happened to miss thst guy and even the AoE damage wasn’t enough to kill him.

Sigma and D.va can survive barrage and take 0 damage from it, but Hog is a problem taking a brutal beating and surviving?

1 Like

Can you share the replay code?