Hog Makes Rein Unplayable

Any time I play Rein into Hog I get obliterated. Rein literally cannot do anything to him or his team.

• He gets hooked out of every charge and any time he uses fire strike.
  • Hog’s ult obliterates his shield and him. Rein can’t even ult while it’s going on to stop him because it lifts players up slightly.
  • Hog does WAY more damage at Rein’s hammer range than Rein (and every pellet will hit Rein), so unless the Hog has VERY low health AND has used up all his heal, Rein will die every single time.
  • Even if Rein manages to pin Hog out of heal, he’ll just press the heal button after and power through all of Rein’s hammer swings and then left click twice a couple times and kill him.

I don’t know of another tank matchup this bad in this game other than Dva into Zarya, and even that isn’t as bad since Dva can dive Zarya’s team and then get away. Rein can’t do anything to Hog’s team because Hog will just hook him away. Even if you go for a sneaky flank charge, Hog will hook him out of it and then kill him in a couple left clicks.
This tank rock paper scissors crap SUCKS.

1 Like

Only Hog?

1 Like

Rein into Road is fine if you know what you’re doing.

Other wise I just harass him as Orisa.

This has to be a joke. Hog was barely a challenge to Rien before the nerfs, now he’s laughably outmatched.

1 Like

Are you actually losing to Rein as Hog LMAO?

2 Likes

what is the rest of your team doing?
are you baiting out his hook/ pigpen before engaging.
how are you using fire strikes,
do you know how to give and take ground + positioning to lure hog into a more favorable position for you + team
has your support swapped to Ana?

Hog has never really felt great going against rein. His slow rate of fire, small magazine, and long reload time is not exactly great for going through shields, despite what people like to claim.

This is no where near the worst tank matchup in the game.

Rein struggles to kill Hog and Hog struggles to get hooks through Rein shield. It’s Hog favored, sure, and not fun for the Rein player to have to play so defensively but Rein has much worse matchups.

It’s the other way around.

I was replying to the other person that was saying Hog has a bad matchup into Rein

Maybe it was cloudy on rein

There is, even for rein. It’s the horse. You have to bait hog hook with your shield before going aggro

Hog and Rein are my two favorite tanks. Maybe because I played them so much, I know how to counter them vice/versa.

If you can’t bait the hook, then you are getting out classed.

If your shield is breaking, then you have bad shield management. Only time shields should break is when you get caught in the middle and you have a bastion/hanzo/soldier/ and everyone else shooting at you while you try to hold it. At this point, if you can’t bail out with charge, or supports can’t bail you out, consider yourself a dead man.

In a 1v1 situation:
Shield hop, timing your shield to his fire rate, and try to make him use hook. After he uses hook and hopefully you were circling around hog, charge him into your team forcing a 1v5 at your advantage.

I don’t play Rein and even I know you can do so much with him.

it’s bad because you could choose to focus hog or backline before.

hog would never frontline before rework because he needed to hook squishies, but now he can burn shield and build ult to counter when reins team win their turn

if dps aren’t gods the only option is to bang your heads together for as long as possible and see who wins

Dude its not 2016 anymore, you cant just play Rein lmao
Literally a throw pick

So I might be wrong. Rein into Doom might be even worse as Doom counters literally everything about Rein, including his charge. Doom knocks Rein out of charge every time without knockdown by hitting the left of his hitbox instead of his right, so none of Rein’s charges will ever go off.
It also goes through his shield and kicks him out of it for enough time for his team to do massive damage on his giant hitbox.
And if Doom doesn’t have punch for whatever reason, he has slam and can just leave. He will never be in a situation where Rein gets to hit him with hammer more than once.

You don’t fight doom when playing rein. Doom dives your backline you dive their backline. Turning around to fight doom is bad. Doom also gets no value fighting rein. He can never kill rein straight up