Hog hook keeps breaking

Did they do something ? Lately it breaks WAY too often…
Come on blizzard. Fix the bugs first then do other things…

19 Likes

I’ve noticed hog hooks failing to pull someone despite nothing obstructing them, its strange. It hooks the target, stuns them momentarily then instantly disappears

4 Likes

It breaks in thin air.No corners, no obstacles…It just breaks for no reason.

5 Likes

There is a separate Bug Report forum.

And not every Blizzard employee works on bug fixes, so to think they’re taking away from bug fixes for other things is kind of silly.

1 Like

And so why arent they fixing the bugs? You know, making new stuff on top of a broken foundation is a bad idea. If you keep adding heroes, and abilities and tweaks and stuff,on a broken foundation, it will keep adding more problems in the future.

2 Likes

This has happened to me three times since last patch. Maybe once in the other 45 hours on Roadhog. They changed something

2 Likes

Dude, i got like 6 broken hooks in just half hour… Its not cool at all. They did something…

1 Like

Rip roadhog once more.

1 Like

That’s possible. I suggest you post in the Bug Report forum so they know about the bug. They don’t look for bug reports on this forum so unless we just wanted to vent and have it never fixed, this thread won’t do much good.

1 Like

I took a clip of one of them maybe I’ll do that. I’m really bad at saving clips of bugs then never submitting them lol…

I’ve noticed it breaking in very odd scenarios lately. Me and a sym completely alone in the middle of junkertown first point. I throw hook, it attaches and just instantly breaks. She didn’t throw turret, get bubble, or LOS. I’ve noticed it break on Brigittes shielding backwards. I’ve noticed it breaking in all sorts of odd situations.

I would imagine he’s just getting the Reinhardt treatment. They’re gonna let it get more and more broken until they get a 800 reply megathread about hog to announce they might decide to start working on it.

1 Like

There’s a list of bug fixes every patch and almost all of them are bugs that have only existed since the last patch. I’ve never experienced a long-standing bug in this game and I’ve been playing since beta. They do fix them.

Also, the forums needs to choose between “fix bugs before you add new stuff” and “there isn’t enough new content or heroes”. We seem like a pretty inconsistent bunch.

I think the devs KNOW what they should prioritize. If not, then …i dont know what to say.

The tanks are functioning as intended, please pick a dps or support instead of our mistakes. -devs. seriously feels like they’re trying to get people off of tanks with how poorly they’ve been staying on top of bugs and buffs.

2 Likes

Yeah it feels like, yo, go play DPS if you dont like our tanks.

2 Likes

Well, they do both. They have different teams for each of those things. I was just making a point.

I’m just tired of the hooks pulling behind behind me or next to me even though I didn’t move after I sent the hook, it makes it pretty useless.

Time for some support,

1 Like

also I noticed when I played him last night in comp that when I hooked my targets while looking straight at them, they got pulled more towards the sides rather than in front of me, that just makes it kinda hard to do his combo which now requires a headshot to pull off.

They really need to take a look at his hook it has been a bug riddled mess ever since they implemented the LOS checks for it.

I don’t want the hook that treated walls and floors like jello. But an enemy shouldn’t be able to walk slightly behind cover and instantly break a hook. There needs to be some small ability to pull around corners. There’s also the issues of it just breaking randomly because a butterfly farted in china. Or hooking an enemy a split second before they use an ability genji dash, tracer blink/recall, or sombra translocator which breaks the hook.

There’s also the issue of moving targets getting pulled into random locations instead of in front of you.