Hitscans need to be tuned down

Hitscan heroes, primarily Soldier, Sojourn(railgun), Ashe, and McCree need to be nerfed to some capacity. Even if the hero is not “meta”, they are extremely annoying to go against due to how easy they are to get value from. After the season 9 patch, you don’t even have to aim well anymore and can easily kill enemies in under a second.

Then on top of that, there’s a huge disparity between how easy they are and how much more difficult projectile characters are because of the increase HP messing up the kill potential from heroes like Hanzo, Symmetra, and Junkrat (amongst others). Meanwhile McCree can still double tap you in the face and kill you faster than Hanzo can draw his bow string. It’s ridiculous.

I propose either reducing all hitscan DpS headshot multiplier to 1.5, (1.2 for Ashe ADS and Sojourn Railgun since they’re already 1.5),
Or increasing all projectile speeds that are under 120m/s by a substantial amount; Like 30% - 50%. That alone should help increase the accuracy but also projectile damage needs to be buffed as well.

1 Like

Agreed. Even mei needs her 2shot headshot back if cassidy’s allowed to have his.
It’s harder to land headshots with projectile heroes after all.
But if a widowmaker/ashe is just standing around not moving, mei needs to be able to punish them from a distance without having to peek 3 times to achieve that.
(I don’t agree with speed changes as those would mess up muscle memory)

3 Likes

Careful, don’t let the hitscan elitists see this objective fact. They’ll lose thier damned minds because they’ve been brainwashed into truly believing it’s harder to headshot with something that instantly applies damage the moment you fire than it is to have to predict where your enemy will be

1 Like

Agreed.

Pretty much why Hanzo mains have my respect, and why Widow mains don’t.

Its kinda ridiculous how op Tracer, Sojourn, and even Cas are right now. Its like Mei or Hanzo or any other projectile hero isn’t meant to be as good as their hitscan brethren. Like Blizz intentionally made some heroes really strong and others intentionally not strong. Because reasons :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

So true.

Projectiles = prediction
Hitscan = spam where they are

2 Likes