Hitscan Tank = more ppl playing tank

I just dont enjoy rolling around 60% of the time.
Also i feel like with a hamster you get bad comps alot of times.
I never like to see a ball in my team.

1 Like

i think my last wreckingball game i played i was in ball mode maybe 10-20%?
and i did a lot better than i did when i was in ball mode around 60-80%
because i got a lot more consistent damage out and as an effect out of that i got more kills.
and i also had a better overview of how the engagement was going and i could easier spot places where my ball boops etc would be beneficial in the few cases they were beneficial.

like i would legit play him a lot more like d.va and winston and just take high ground and sit on the high ground advantage shooting down on people and i could do that a lot more with wreckingball because he actually has longer range on his guns than they do.

just pressure from off-angles with guns, roll in when you see an opportunity to either CC or shoot to kill.
like it’s insane how much control you do actually have.

i mostly use the ball form just for mobility and less so for fighting. sure some CC here and there but it’s not the meat and potatoes for me if we would call it that.

Well i will give him a chance again.
But i feel like if you play him like that he dont fullfill his role as a tank.

he’s a dive tank, he’s not supposed to face tank the whole enemy team.
he’s supposed to pressure the enemy where they don’t want him to be and be evasive, and by that explanation you need to hunt squishies and not other tanks, you can peel using your boops against tanks sure but tanks are not your main concern. you want to get around them and exploit your tanky body against squishies and don’t let the enemy team be able to catch you while doing so.

just remember pressure from off-angles with guns, preferably high ground and finding holes or opportunities in the enemy team to just swoop in and kill.

if your team dies, you regroup and try again because it’s much easier for the enemy team to chase you when they don’t have a whole team on them trying to kill them.

it’s kind of like how you would play winston, there’s no point in winston jumping in all alone against a whole enemy team, he won’t be able to get anything done on his own.

1 Like

People also want Mei, Doomfist, and others, as possible hybrid-tank substitutes.
But at some point you basically lose the heterogenous premise of what tank/tanking is supposed to be. May as well just crossover into open, unjailed QPC where you can be creative in the role spectra.

1 Like

Yeah but i think Bastion is 10× more suited to be a tank than Mei or Doomfist.

This thread has a good suggestion:

3 Likes

Wrecking Balls weapon isn’t very good so if you are looking for a fun hitscan he isn’t it. His quad cannon is basically 1 tracer pistol with a lot of ammo.

Bastion as a tank would solve one of his biggest problems… his hitbox is the size of a tank.

Can you please help me in that thread… =.= i’m having trouble explaining some things.

1 Like

Sure but im bout to lose wifi again. No internet in 5…4…

ball and sombras weapon are pretty similar.

Dva and her hitsCans are a joke.
Gimme a real hitscan tank not a marshmallow shooter.

3 Likes

How about… Bastion?

Would that make you happy? :3

It is so simple that I cannot believe we do not already have 2 of them. I think these chumps legit thought Hammond would appeal to us or something. Crazy.

1 Like

Game could use a Rail Gun tank for sure

1 Like

Well, if people already consider Baptiste broken, any tank or support hitscan with good damage output will be considered broken, unless limited somehow (like Wrecking Ball is) or if the player has to choose between tanking / healing or damaging (like Baptiste almost does).

Okay… But who cares? Some idiots believe McCree is broken. That never changed anything. We can have our “broken” tank that people will actually want to play. That solves the problem we set out to solve. Nobody is trying to stop whiny Overwatch players. We are trying to get players to actually want to tank.

1 Like

Could work. Tanks are about controlling space though, so they’d need at least a few short range abilities to help deal with that.

Hog (primary), Zarya, DVA, Ball
idk man half the tank roster seems about enough

Well, I guess it could exist if it had a slow fire rate (like old Mccree’s fire rate), mid range at max, and maybe with damage over short time effect (like Ana’s shots) with no headshots.

Sigma is about the only thing I tank for, what do you mean? He’s basically a DPS and I love playing him.