Hitscan is still stupid

I was just in a 3.8 scrim and my god what is the point of playing heroes that have to take a risk and be proactive when you can just play hitscan and get more value with less risk because I’m sure we all came to play overwatch just to play poke like this is Cod Vanguard.

I just miss the dive/rush heroes. Luckily in Overwatch 2 dive is relevant

22 Likes

This whole time, MercyDiff was a Genji main

4 Likes

More than relevant it’s meta.

the game feels more like Overwatch when all heroes if not most have variety and decent playtime all around. but yeah, luckily in OW2 theres a bit more variety. although some of the lower end of heroes need help.

3 Likes

Thank the lord holy.

Wdym I want to only play hitscan + Bap/Brig/Zen

No one else

1 Like

Soldiers part of it lol. Pro for me con for you.

Hitscan invalidates so much in this game.

No bullet travel time is a massive advantage, and should be duly taxed in regards to kit balance.

Unfortunately, there’s little reason to ever pick a projectile character when you can pick hitscan.

10 Likes

It’s a hitscan game now. The moba aspect and the slow non hitscan heroes are relegated to quick play

I already made a post about this in the beta forums that hitscan will need to be toned down somehow to make other heroes in the DPS role more playable.

“Why do FPS type heroes feel good to play in an FPS game”

Its a mystery i guess.

No, niche heroes have to be made less niche and fall more in line fitting into an FPS environment. As this was something the devs were looking in to.
Im sure we haven’t seen all the reworks just yet.

3 Likes

If this was a real FPS they would all be projectiles.

13 Likes

By this statement it seems you have little knowledge about FPS games. FPS games can be either or both in the same game.

6 Likes

This is an hero shooter ability based FPS game where being proactive should get the most value.

Hitscans(besides Tracer) don’t need to be proactive but still get the most value at all with less required

3 Likes

Here come another “aiming is EZ” person.
You really want me to break it down to you how hard it is to be consistently good at aiming on the hitscan heroes.
There is a reason certain type of non-FPS players that came to OW avoid hitscan heroes like the plague and they rather stick to less mechanically demanding heroes.

4 Likes

In some yeah. But REAL FPS games have projectiles for all bullets. Not fake CoD wanna be ones. :wink:

1 Like

Arena shooters that were the biggest inspiration for OW as per the developers own words, have both hitscan and projectile weapons in the same game. 80-90% of the weapons in OW were ripped off from UT.

3 Likes

I never said aiming was ez lmao I used to main Ashe.

Hitscans just get too much value rn without having to make a play like Genji, Doom and Reaper

8 Likes

There is a stark difference between other arena shooters and OW. In other arena shooters, projectile weapons are vaaaaaaaaaaaastly more viable.

9 Likes

Well like i said above, niche heroes have to be reworked to be more viable in an FPS environment.
Take Sym for example. Her 2 ways of attacking that the devs gave her are based on 2 alternate fire methods from UT.
Syms primary fire is based off an alternate fire of the Plasma rifle in UT.
Syms secondary fire is based off an alternate for fire of the Shock rifle from UT.

Both her attacks were meant to be an alternate way of attacking, not the primary way of attacking.
And the OW developers did plenty of other things like this for the other niche heroes.
Which is why they need to fix these issue if they want the niche heroes to feel better in an FPS environment.

Ah yes. My favorite. Being locked into the same handful of heroes :smiley:

3 Likes