Hit sounds and certain character sounds not playing

The game has been working fine up until a few days ago when I noticed whenever I hit someone it would “sometimes” not play a hitsound. Although slightly annoying I was able to get past it until I noticed other sounds not working. During a game, I was listening for a tracer to recall and the tracer had no recall sound at all. She was completely silent. As we all know, sound in games such as this is vital to gameplay. Seeing how the sounds occasionally do this and it is not the entire game but only certain sounds, I do not believe this is a problem on my end but rather in the coding itself. Other instances of this not working are Hanzo ultimates, Junkrat ultimates, and one time with High Noon.

4 Likes

I’m also have issues with hitmarkers sfx. I can hear the sound of mei ana, moira, or even winston doing damage but it makes every other sound effect in the game cut out.I’ve searched everywhere but cant seem to get an answer… I did, however, find a thread on the old blizzard forums of people having this issue for like 6 months and blizzard didn’t even respond to them.

1 Like

good to know i’m not alone lul, i tried uninstalling the game but even that didn’t work, like playing a hero like mcree is really hard because i have to look out for those hit effects instead of hearing them, it’s really annoying

(Sorry I’m obviously not a native english speaker)

I’m happy that I’m not the only one!

I don’t have the sound of the healthpacks when I take them, my hitsounds are very glitchy sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t… Also I can’t even see/hear the animation of Tracer’s recall and Sombra’s translocator which is a really bad thing…

I’m sure there might be some others bugs that I haven’t encountered yet.

1 Like

This is likely related to major ongoing sound bugs in the game that I and many other players have been sporadically experiencing. If you can, please talk about this issue and share your experiences/videos about it in this thread to help raise awareness so possibly Blizzard can finally start looking into it:

This fixt it fore me