High Ping Only in OW2

In every other game I play my ping is a stable 20-30ms but as of the last week OW2 has been unplayable because although I’ll start with ~30 ping the closer I get to others the higher my ping gets until it’s in the high hundreds, if I then walk off to be away from everyone it falls back down to 30 once more.

I play on PC and am unable to get an ethernet connection but this isn’t an issue with other games so isn’t the required fix here so I don’t want basic standard troubleshooting I’ve tried that. This issue isn’t on my end as ALL other games work fine. Is there a solution as I want to play overwatch but due to an issue NOT ON MY END I can’t play?

2 Likes

It’s the same for me and I’m connected to a Ethernet cable it’s so weird it was fine before but now it’s stuttering pretty bad man it’s happening on pc and Xbox

1 Like

If your ISP has IPv6 enabled, look into disabling at your router and/or device and test it out (its easy enough to reverse with no damage/risk if things don’t get better). At least for me (Comcast) recently rolled out IPv6 in my area and disabling it instantly resolved all my issues.

My old issue thread: Rubberbanding/Lag Issue Replication & Detailed Steps
My workaround/solution: [Solution/Workaround] Rubberbanding/Latency Spikes / Comcast

Thank you for your help, I had tried this already and didn’t notice much difference although I do usually get better ping on IPv4 even though you’re not meant to. I recently bought a new top end network card and that seems to have fixed it for me however, this solution obviously wouldn’t work for those with ethernet.

On a side note it shocks me to hear you’re only now getting IPv6, America is so far behind, feel sorry for you having to deal with the ISPs you do

Unfortunately for me, IPv6 is off by default so having it enabled/disabled hasn’t changed anything. Like some others were saying, the game was running quite smooth for a little bit but it seems like the last 2 updates screwed everything up again.

Ah interesting, sorry it didn’t work for you. I wonder if its a NIC/driver issue with a certain group of devices then.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.