Hey Sombra players

I like it like it is now, would not want that change.

Hack duration is fine. Many times your team already struggles to follow up in 6 seconds.

You wouldn’t.
But DMG isn’t the problem.
But her problems are:

• Hard to play with.
  • Inconsistent.
  • Bad in teamfights.
  • Bugs

Dmg would simply skip the problems and make her Tracer 2.0.

If we add Sugar skulls over hacked enemies we Solve the hard to play with problems

If we increase her base movements speed we make her more useful in team fights and it would help her using the new infinite TL and Stealth
For the Consistency, we could just give her a threshold of 10-15dmg so trashdmg would not interrupt Hack or stealth.

1 Like

But is that advantage worth playing 5vs6? In organized teams maybe, but in pub games you will most likely be hacking targets that no one bothers to focus.

Even in ladder play you can hack a Rein and a 2000hp barrier is gone in an instant. Which not only gives your team opportunity to gain an Ult charge advantange, it allows to create space and push more aggresively and it leaves the enemy team vulnerable to your Ults.

I’d much rather have her previous hack speed, LOS, and a tiny damage threshold if they kept the two second cooldown upon being shot.

Dmage has to prevent hack.It raises the skill ceiling drastically.

she’s fine atm, she just needs bug fixes, which… honestly i don’t think they’ll ever do.

1 Like

What are some of the bugs?

The biggest ones are hack randomly braking for no reason or taking longer than it should.

• You can be standing behind rein and try to hack him he will pull up his shield and it will interrupt the hack even though he’s facing away from you.
  • If you try to translocate back but still get killed using your translocator, next time it will teleport you between your current location, location you died at and keep the direction you’re facing in the moment of your death and then translocate you to your new destination, this can lead to jumps into holes, walls, off the ledge, into traffic etc.
  • her hack switches targets often.
  • hack doubles its duration on occasion before you hack someone
  • hack is instant.
  • translocator will be near a ledge and when you translocate (even though your translocator is on the ledge and clearly sitting there comfy) when you translocate you’ll fall off.
  • etc.
1 Like
  • using any movement ability has the chance of braking hack by default even though the hero didnt brake LoS or left hack range.

Little bit of both, i think. Here’s why:

Too OP by it’s nature, if it still disables everything it disables right now. Such as some ults.

Too short time. 6 seconds is good because it’s long enough time to make difference. Except for shutting down ults and such, which is bit too niche for hack alone.

Could be helpful change, but also would make Sombra more frustrating to play against. I’d say better not change it.

This one is interesting idea and sounds kinda neat. I’ll give you that.

This is one change i want for Sombra the most. Despite i’m Sombra main, i have noticed that i rarely notice hacked enemies when i have Sombra as teammate.

People still blindly shoot the Zarya bubble, 3 seconds just aint gonna cut it for some to realise they should be shooting the hacked target…

Ill take the hack symbol and keep everything else as is, oh and hack bug fixes. Although on my wishlist is a damage threshold e.g melee damage so some spam doesnt constantly ruin you.

Edit: Interesting idea though for sure but I really dont see it being effective below top ranks which means she will still be universally hated when you pick her :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d have to try it to make a judgement since those are some very drastic changes.

Why not just shoot the target than hack it instead?
Shooting is uninterruptable, has more range and if you score a kill, it will freeze cooldowns, ult gain, sends the target to spawn and takes it out of the fight for far longer than 3 seconds…

Yeah true.Unless you’re hacking rein,all it does is alarm your enemy and gives away your location.

Uninterruptible hack with current lock-on would be very powerful. It would probably need an entirely different delivery method. The catch-22 of the thing is that people like her as a defence against Tracer and Genji, and that works because of the lock-on (similar against Pharah).
I wouldn’t mind the shorter duration for more consistency/reliability though.

Frozen or at least slowed cooldowns is a suggestion I myself have repeated, I like it.

Stronger visuals for hacked enemies is something everyone has wanted since PTR. I really don’t know what’s stopping them.

The idea is that hack reduces their defences enough that you have to shoot less to kill them, so that even with the time required to hack, it’s a net gain for you (on paper. In practice, you want teammates there to make this work, and there are indeed heroes you’re better off just shooting. This makes Sombra a bit too dependent on enemy comps but that’s just my opinion)

The idea is that hack reduces their defences enough that you have to shoot less to kill them, so that even with the time required to hack

For most heroes that doesn’t mean that you have to shoot them less as the hack doesn’t affect their HP. If the hack only lasts for 3 seconds I rather shoot with the element of surprise on my side than alert them with a hack. Hack is good for setting up dives and weakening the enemy line before the push. Imo the in game hack is better than this suggestion.

1 Like