Hey Sombra players

How would you react if they reworked hack?

For example:

• Hack is now uninterruptable
  • Range extended to 18 meters (was 15)
  • Freezes cooldowns and ult gain
  • Lasts 3 seconds

Also: Hacked enemies have sugar skull icons over them.

Would the first three points make it too powerful? Or would the shortened duration kill its viability?

Edit: stop the presses!

Man, it’s like you can address a hero’s problems without doing an over-the-top rework that creates more problems than it fixes!

2 Likes

3 seconds really wouldn’t do a lot, I like it but the duration should last 5 seconds.

2 Likes

Mhh I think 3s are too short to be of any effect but if we make it Longer and have the 2 other buffs it would be to OP. So for me nya.

I think Sombra needs Bugfixes, Sugarskulls over hacked enemies and an increas in her Base-speed like Genji and Tracer and She should be fine.
If you think this is too much nerf her EMP charge rate and Boom Balanced.
Just no big Reworks or Gun changes plz.

1 Like

I like it the way it is now. Fix bugs and hack will be perfect.
However a mid-range gun would be nice.

5 Likes

3 seconds is a long time in Overwatch, though. Just look at what Zarya’s bubble can do in only two seconds.

Sombra would be able to hack anybody in the middle of a fight (so long as they’re not behind a shield) with this new hack, even when she’s the target of focus fire. That’s powerful.

Problem being that reducing the time makes one of her biggest problems immensly bigger.
She is extreamly hard to play with as a Team they need to act as soon hack is on they can not waste time or they will lose.
And with your 3 seconds the Team needs to act even faster they need to kill that target in these 3 seconds or they will be on a disadvatage because after hack Sombra will not do much more then some trash dmg.

Seeing how team sometimes already takes 2s to even start the fight… I think hack would because useless.

1 Like

3 seconds doesn’t seem like a lot of time at all. While I love your first three points, I think the 3second duration will ultimately make it worse.

But I think this could definitely be tested. Your ideas are great.

On the other hand, not being interrupted by damage means hack is guaranteed to go off every time. This means that so long as the Sombra doesn’t get killed in the process, hack would actually have more uptime.

Also don’t forget that this version of hack freezes cooldowns and ult charge gain. Hacking someone after they’ve used their abilities would indirectly add three seconds onto their cooldown, which is a death sentence for cooldown-dependent characters like Tracer and Zarya.

Even if its only 3 seconds, freezing Cooldowns would make it the same or better duration on any skill over 3 second CD. Imo, I think she could just use the skull icon over targets and bug fixes

How are you going to counter hack if it can’t be interrupted?

Her problem is that she can’t do any damage and therefore there is no use of her in pub games.

1 Like

No need for crazy stuff. Just fix bugs and add sugar skulls. Add wall hack for teammates to hacked targets and hack follow up should be way easier.

If thats not enough increase her base movement speed to Tracer/Genji lvl.

1 Like

Yea it solves her consistency problem (besides the huge pool of bugs she is swimming in)
But Solving one problem by making the other one 10x worst probably will make her worst. Maybe She would get stronger in pro play because of there Teamwork but on ladder, She will get worst.
The idea is good tho its creative but Sombra can be fixed by a few Small buffs and bugfixes she does not need fancy changes in her kit

It’s not countable this way but it probably would not have big effects with 3s on hack.
And her problems aren’t DMG it never was and will never be (atleast not aslong as they don’t nerf it for whatever reason lol).

Ok, then. tell me why woudl anyone pick sombra over genji, tracer, reaper or soldier?

I am not a Sombra player, but I always thought that they should make it instant and give it a longer cooldown.

Blizzard, hire this man.

2 Likes

Because hack gives her the opportunity to give her team the advantage without getting a pick.

i would want hack to be able to be used on all abilities and passives, id also want the sugar skull above their heads to signal they are hacked, also maybe make the actual hack last only 5 seconds but slightly shorten its cool down.

I like it like it is now, would not want that change.

Hack duration is fine. Many times your team already struggles to follow up in 6 seconds.

You wouldn’t.
But DMG isn’t the problem.
But her problems are:

• Hard to play with.
  • Inconsistent.
  • Bad in teamfights.
  • Bugs

Dmg would simply skip the problems and make her Tracer 2.0.

If we add Sugar skulls over hacked enemies we Solve the hard to play with problems

If we increase her base movements speed we make her more useful in team fights and it would help her using the new infinite TL and Stealth
For the Consistency, we could just give her a threshold of 10-15dmg so trashdmg would not interrupt Hack or stealth.

1 Like