Hey Blizzard a few pointers

Next time you make a game please do the following:

Balance things.

Take community feedback.

Stop copying other games: If I wanted to play Horizon Zero Dawn, I’d go play my PS4, not Brigitte, if I wanted to see Dark Souls, I’d go play Dark Souls. Not go into Eichenwalde and sit at the sword in the bonfire inside the castle, you even went so far as to copy WoW and make a map out of it and it’s your own game, that is literally the lowest of the low because that means you are actually running out of meaningful ideas.

Oh and the most important thing: Please for the love of god, use an IP tracking system for people who buy the game more than once, anyone who joins competitive play gets to be up against smurfs or cheaters these days. To those of you who say otherwise, slow drag/flick shotting/fps stuttering but always on your head through walls and right as they see you, and they always play the same 4 heroes: Genji/Doomfist/Widow/Hanzo(coincidence that these 4 have 1 shot mechanics/highly mobile? I think not.)

Having to see this each and every competitive game along with the fact that I’ve seen pretty much 50 people in competitive more than 43 times with some of those people being paired against/with over 7 times in a row is a sign that something is clearly wrong and needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

Community complained about Dive since May of 2017, so we got Brigitte.

4 Likes

You think Blizzard World is a lazy idea? a mere copy of WoW? What even?
Blizzard World is amazing map that’s well made and well detailed. xD It’s a fun nod to all their other titles.

3 Likes

It’s a lazy idea in the sense that it took little effort to put it together.

Lets make a theme park map.

But don’t use any custom names/designs and rip it all out of WoW.

I didn’t say it wasn’t a fun map to play on, it’s actually one of my favorites. The problem I have is how much they’ve been copying games and they aren’t vague copies either, I only noticed the Dark Souls one just now because I never go through that back hallway and I knew exactly what it was almost instantly.

1 Like

Wait so making call out or references to other games or pop culture events and such is considered lazy design?

So like Fortnite bringing Thanos into their game as a way to promote the geek/nerd culture in their game is also lazy design?

Also WoW making NPC’s, jokes, and references in their game is also lazy design?

Taking community feedback? Most of the changes made to characters was based on community feedback. Was the feedback you are asking for the feedback you wanted or what the community wanted?

There will most likely be NO way for them to stop this. I mentioned this in another post about smurf accts. Let’s put the situation in your shoes here.

Let’s say that you and your friends are living together in one house or whatever and you all share the same IP and all of you love playing Overwatch together. How would you feel if Blizzard did something where they tracked IP and prevented players from playing the game or buying the game all because you and your friends decided to play from one location instead of from different locations?

Also if a family of lets say 4 lived in a house and they only had 1 PC, but they all like playing OW. You are asking Blizzard give not allow that family of 4 to buy the game for their own accounts to they can progress on their own accounts by playing the game from that one PC which mind you will only use ONE IP address.

2 Likes

This just in, bonfires copyrighted by FromSoftware and Namco Bandai. Dark Souls was the first game to introduce bonfires into their video games and any other game that uses them at all is a complete rip-off even if it bears no mechanical or functional resemblance to its usage in that game

4 Likes

Yeah, but you are saying that adding a very small reference to another game because the Dev team or someone from the Dev team is a fan of the Dark Souls series that it is lazy for them to put a reference to something they like or enjoy into a game?

3 Likes

You honestly come across as someone that’s going to see the negative wherever you want to see it.

There’s plenty of things to complain about in this game… these aren’t them.

1 Like

That stuff is called easter eggs all games have them. even your precious dark souls and that will have them

Its not copying if it is there own game also blizz world is starcraft hearth stone and WoW all in 1 map cus it is meant to be a amusement park and its saying within the lore of overwatch those other things exist which means we will get cool crossover skins.

3 Likes

Seeing a bonfire in a game and saying “What is this, Dark Souls?” has officially replaced the meme of seeing a difficult game and saying that.

1 Like

Waiting for someone post that Meme of “Is this X?” and post a picture of that sword/bonefire and say at the bottom. “Is this Dark Souls?”

1 Like

Breath of the Wild? Has bonfires. Complete Dark Souls rip off. Little Inferno? Pffft, Dark Souls. Chrono Trigger? More like Dark Souls Trigger. And don’t even get me started on Firewatch

2 Likes

They might have an idea here. Apparently to be rated top 500 in season 11, your account must have the two step verification set up, which connects it to a specific phone. Unless you have multiple phones, you won’t be able to get multiple accounts in top 500.

Assuming this works, it may eventually expand to other ranks.

No, no, no. You don’t understand.

When OP says “take community feedback”, he means the people HE agrees with. They’re the real community, not the fake one that disagrees with him.

6 Likes

OHHHHHHHH… that community…

Lol

2 Likes

When did they announce this was going to happen? Lol

Next time you make a comment, please do the following:

Don’t call Blizzard out, it’s against the rules and will result in you getting silenced or banned.

1 Like

It’s an idea, but people who play top 500 will hate this very much and Blizzard most likely will get a lot of negative feedback. I am not on the top 500, but I would personally hate to have to go through some kind of verification to verify that I am who I am just to play in top 500 rank matches. Also they would have to spend time developing an App that does this only for 500 people out of the millions that play the game? Most likely not worth their time.

Heard it being discussed on stream by a couple of top 500 players. Might have been a rumor.

1. They do balance you’re literally just ignorant to that fact, you do realize it’s not just as simple as a button click away to change a hero. I’ll presume your a child with no real education on software.
  2. The community gives feedback that they follow up on…BUT if they followed literally posts by everyone and everything this game would be a joke, understand that the game is bigger then just your ranting about a specific thing/hero.
  3. Each and every hero is unique to the standards of this game and the maps are no different, it’s literally impossible to make a hero so different you can say nothing in this world matches it, that’s a hard fact you need to accept and grow up on. Each map on this game hinting at a reference or another game isn’t “lazy” it’s called respecting the older generation on game makers that made those great games. Blizzard World is a great map and shows the progressive state the company made to get to the point at which they are now at.
  4. IP tracking is almost as dumb as this whole thread, not only do you break so many laws by using software to track people, you invade privacy, possible information can be stolen and sold to 3rd party sites (black market) and ruin peoples lives, you seem to have little to no education on the consequences of what taking information does. Shocker but this game has a anti-cheating system in place and it’s the best to date, problem with software is if a new aim-bot or wall hack comes online the system has to adjust and find it in order to punish it. the system will always be behind that’s how people that make those bots make money, seems like you went out of your way to rant on this forum with literally zero knowledge of how the bigger picture actually works and trying to blame a company for the sh%t show performance to seem to be doing in your games. Stop blaming the game on your problems and focus on fixing your life as whole.

This is the nice way of putting things for you by the way. the REALLY nice way.