Hey, Aaron, Address the elephant in the room

As I said. Enjoy your declining player count. Aka.

Enjoy the rising queue times. Because the game is less fun.

I’ve literally been doing the same.

So why defend them?

Because it’s what Blizzard cares about. If I want them to care, I have to explain to them, like the children they cosplay as, that these backwards decisions, will hurt their wallets.

AAA is an informal classification. It’s commonly used to denote a game released by a mid-sized to major publisher or developer. It is commonly associated with a higher budget, and additional marketing spend.

Overwatch 1 made well in excess of a billion dollars. It was developed by Activision Blizzard, a conglomerate worth something like 70-100 billion.

It’s a triple AAA game, just run terribly.

It is in fact, by definition AAA.

The irony in this.

We’ve been over this. 6v6 is less broken than 5v5.

This.

6v6 does not mean shooting shield. That is a balance problem, not a format problem.

I was gold in Ow1 as a casual player, actually started grinding the game in ow2 and hit masters before getting self-respect and stopping the grind.

1 Like

Ya I have seen it’s first design it was open world ish then they copied overwatch, that whole company reeks of clone games , if they actually put time to focus on one or two live service they would succeed instead look at their portfolio it’s realm royale br smite lol, palladins all knock offs with twists

And more

They probably have one good toolset but instead of improving they use it to churn games and heroes all.with same issues.

I don’t think I have defended them. I don’t understand why I have to say it that often, but just to make it very, very clear to you, yet again:

I do not care.

Stop projecting your misery onto me. All I said was that Aaron will say no. Stop looking for arguments in a video game forum where there are none.

1 Like

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ vs.
:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

The cold reality is 90% or more of the devs who worked on 6v6 OW1 have been replaced, either fired or just moved on. Almost no one left knows anything about the 6v6 version, and reimplementing it by rediscovering the wheel would take literal years, which they don’t have.

It’s not as simple as “just change numbers 4head.” They’d undoubtedly have to redo animations to account for redoing powersets that wouldn’t work in 6v6 with two tanks, not to mention possibly moving characters back to old roles, necessitating full reworks AGAIN.

M$ has no time or patience for one of it’s new properties to not make money for two or three years to satisfy a small number of customers while probably losing as many. So they will say no.

2017 is dead, so is 2020. Best to move on if 2024 Overwatch isn’t to your liking.

1 Like

There’s a lot of different things coming up this year that I want to share, so think of this as the first in a series of topics to cover.

Better have PvE as one of those topics. That’s the mammoth in the room.

1 Like

It shows that you never played Global Agenda, the game had two game modes, the first was the story mode, which was the semi-open world, and then there was the multiplayer mode, which was team games that depending on the mode were from 5v5 to 8v8, and They were exactly the same game modes that OW has today,
don’t give me that story that they changed the game to make it similar to OW, when the multiplayer mode was already basically the same as OW in 2009, before on the contrary, after OW was announced the developers who were working on Global Agenda 2 had to redo all the character designs going from one futuristic look in a fantasy style, with the purpose of not looking like OW

1 Like

im not extensively familiar with them, but they seem like the kinda cash grab company that clones stuff and tries to hop on the latest trend always, for me the proof is in the pudding, their game is janky as hell last i played everything looks unoriginal.

I mean i recently saw them doing a video of coin toss deflect of it for some hero, its practically taken from ultrakill a indie game , now i dont mind games copying stuff blizzard does it too a lot and they atleast used to go better than original and stuff.

With hi rez games it just feels like they copy to just get in the bandwagon and dont offer depth or polish to any of their games.

I literally just explained to you that they had to change all the game designs at the last minute due to the OW announcement, there is no evidence, evidence would be the videos I sent in my first comment, which I assume you ignored and in which They see how Blizzard takes much more blatant inspiration than the currency of an indie game from 2009 and no one tries to copy OW because of those similarities ( h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Swsvv-eGw0 )
and if you investigate a little you will realize that most of the accusations of copying against Hi-Rez are quite wrong, for example in the case of Rogue Company and Valorant, which does not even make sense because Rogue Company was leaked about a year before its announcement. and it was also announced 2 months before Valorant.

1 Like

This was an amazing title, and a direct precursor to OW (moreso than TF2 and the like). It reminded me of what OW2 could have been like, with PvE, with a dome city or some kind of in-avatar lobby/market for skins and cosmetics and upgrades. Featuring clans/guilds (agendas) and different modes/tiers of competition and dedication. My agenda’s name is still baked into their hall of fame. Some of OW1 early pro-players came from the GA scene.

Still looking for games like it as this one is directed into the dirt.

I don’t think 6v6 will come back. But I think a semi-open 5v5 ruleset (avoiding goats-like) could really offer that best-of-both worlds experience.

1 Like

Factually incorrect. I was a tank main for 30 seasons, starting with Season 1 and we were always in the minority. In Seasons 1-17 being a single tank on a team was more common than not, unless you were playing in the rarified highest ranks, where comps like Slambulance and Goats cropped up as hard metas. In Season 18, with the introduction of Role Queue, the disparity in the role population ratios manifested itself immediately with instantaneous queues for tanks and absurd wait times for DPS – again, unless you were an outlier on the first pages of the T500 list, where even tank players had to wait for the matchmaker to find suitable opponents.

1 Like

Was rogue company in development before 2014 is there any proof for that beyond them posting blurbs like actual footage.

They always seem to come 2 months after some big game announcement with a clone early access release

Their games on launch also feel that way like a hacked together mess urgently and not something built over years.

I’m genuinely interested I scoured the reddits all I see is someone quoting the ceo told this that but can you show me.footmarks of their development cycle before their competitors.

literally in the case of paladins, a former developer who had left the company had leaked much of the game’s content on reddid before OW was announced, when the game was still known as Global Agenda 2, the post was removed, but some newscasts managed to talk about the issue ( h ttps://www.engadget.com/2014-09-25-global-agenda-2s-closed-beta-expected-before-the-end-of-the-ye.html )

I said two months before and you can find a speculated video about the game several years before the announcement, as it just happened with Smite 2 that everyone who played Smite knew that they were going to release it about 3 years ago

It is an indie company, they don’t even earn enough to be listed on the stock market, most of their games have never surpassed more than 30 simultaneous developers.

Well, you’re not looking for anything because I found the link I gave you on the game’s Wikipedia page.

Then don’t reply. That’s all it takes.

Oh, don’t misunderstand me. I care about replying just like anyone on these forums, just not about whether 5v5 or 6v6 is better.

You’re confusing things. If I didn’t care about replying I obviously wouldn’t. Kind of a duh-moment.

I sure as hell hope we’re not going back to 6v6 but I’m probably a minority.

Then say so.

Which makes it all the more puzzling you go and stick your beak into something you don’t care about.

Out of curiosity, why?

I did, just now. Is it that hard for you to understand context? The fact that I had to say it is sad, though.

Procrastination is one hell of a beast.

The implication is to do so earlier. See how things go when you don’t state them fully at the start?

Valid. I recommend looking up a DrawWithFlo tutorial, they’re fun and relaxed. Perfect for procrastination.

Why are my quotes in a different language