Heroes sit in F tier and nobody bats an eye

I don’t know. Maybe we just have to use him differently instead of trying the same thing over and over without getting the results we want.

Depends on what the dev’s intend.

Won’t know till it is made clear.

Same answer as 3.

Now I am not saying he doesn’t need love and that people want to play him are wrong for wonder why this neglect exists. But I can’t help but feel everyone is trying to use him in a unintended way.

I mean, if it’s been three years and the playerbase still doesn’t know what his niche is, that probably has something to say about his state in the game. The closest thing he has to a niche that doesn’t force a specific role onto him is close range duelist, and even then, there are heroes that perform that niche better than he does. And there are still people that argue over whether his niche is instead tank busting, or flanking, or peeling, etc. And even if his niche was one of those, there are heroes in each niche that performs that job better than he can. Because he just feels so underwhelming in so many situations.

Like, personally, on the occasion that I do play him, I primarily play him as a hybrid of a roamer DPS and a backline defender, and I just kinda switch between those two roles depending on which one is needed. But that doesn’t mean that’s the best way or the “intended” way to play him.

2 Likes

I think the problem is, 2 years in and with 390 hrs on Reaper, I have no idea what his niche is. I have tried tank busting, I have tried flanking, I have tried peeling, I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of.

Nothing works. Reaper excels at none of it. There is someone who outperforms him at every role.

Even Bastion has a niche, and he certainly outperforms Reaper in pirate ship, a composition made for his niche.

Reaper’s niche is having no niche, and not in a Soldier 76 “good at everything” kind of way

All heroes are meant to be niche. The whole point of Overwatch is to pick characters according to situation. It just happens so that some are way more impactful than others and can be picked no matter the map. And if you want to achieve balance, these heroes must be nerfed. (Yes, heroes like Rein, Ana or even Genji)

If you’re only looking at GM pickrate then your data has zero relevance.

Oh but I forgot seagull and Jayne know what’s best for all of us from their top 0.001% ivory tower.

2 Likes

Methinks they know better than you or any average player, so do excuse me if I hold their opinions in higher regard

Oh but I forgot, a former pro and a World Cup team coach who himself has played games from platinum to GM can’t give a valid opinion

1 Like

It’s not my fault if such smarty-pants pros can’t figure out the difference between fact and opinion. People like you only inflate their heads with more hot air.

2 Likes

Seagull isn’t exactly a bastion of wisdom.

Remember, this is the same community that is still salty over Mercy not being a must-pick anymore.

Reaper is not in a good spot.

• Many range- and othter hero buffs (even Bastion got a range buff)
  • FTH was buffed
  • He sucks against Snipers (with Ashe basically a new one got added)
1 Like

Heros Fall and Rise in Tier all the time.

Remember when Pirate Ship Bastion was all the craze? Made Bastion pretty popular I would say.

Even now Pro Players are using SYM and Bastion combos.

“Bird man bad!”
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1052600786600058881/tw-oBcQI_400x400.jpg

2 Likes

people have been calling for buffs to reaper, bastion, torb, and sym on the forums forever, you not seeing it doesn’t mean it isn’t happening.

2 Likes

5/7 are you ok? It’s quite the opposite

The only tanks what counter reaper are dva and hog, the others get completely demolished by him and have to rely on the dps to kill him.

He can effectively kill 5/7 tanks

Hog doesn’t counter Reaper.
Hog hasn’t even armor.

i know he doesn’t. I was meant to say he doesn’t get counterd by reaper and can hold his own.

his combo alone can one shot him + he has a self heal