Heroes are becoming to similar

Well doom was unique but then garbage can players who can’t counter one of, if not the EASIEST hero to counter in ow1, complained about him.

“Why do we have fighting game hero in an FPS”

As if overwatch is your standard by the book FPS where everyone is just generic call of duty soldier #15. People beg for unique and different heroes, we get those unique and different heroes, and now they should be completely changed.

And maybe I do the same thing too, idk if you’d count ability canceling “unique” but hell I want sombra completely changed, but that’s just because I think preventing the use of abilities in an ability based game is just not fun and really corny. Especially when some heroes rely on abilities more than others.

1 Like

Im not debating if the changes were good or bad, just that what replaced them is less unique in my opinion

Personally i love sym 3.0 but im still upsept that she feels more bland for a lack of a better word

1 Like

It doesn’t just feel that way, they did it on purpose. It became obvious when Bap was revealed. Tired of long dps queues? Just go support and play as the pew-pew guy anyway.

1 Like

This is the side effect of people being obsessed with heroes being viable in every single mode and map. In the end they are gonna end up being similar. I always felt not all heroes should be great at every map and mode, I like it when heroes have strength and weaknesses. Its even better when I see a hero playing in a map they aren’t good with and somehow still outplaying everyone, thats true skill right there.

3 Likes

ngl I absolutely LOST it, just bursted out laughing, when Alex specifically called Mei a

like ??? …

OP what “generic” games are you even playing?? :rofl:

… And then ofc that Sym is

like dude, this is bonkers, wtf am I reading.

And bear in mind, OP’s forum post was made well after the Sym lifesteal change went live, which I would’ve assumed was supposed to pander to people like this.

I kinda feel bad for the actual devs rn, you just can’t please people who don’t even know what they want.

When mei goes from having a freeze beam to just a slow beam, i see that as becoming more “generic”

When sym who went from a turret, lock on, shield gen, shield throwing hero, to someone who mainly just uses orbs/beams now, that feels more “generic”

When torb who had a upgradeable turret, the scrap mechnic, and armor packs, for a no upgradable turret and a buff that makes him shoot faster, it feels more “generic”

When hanzo had scatter arrow (glad it was removed) and was replaced with a ability that just makes him shoot faster, he feels more “generic”

Once again, some of the changes were good/needed but what they are replacing them with feels more “generic” from my prespective.

Im not advocating for them to change them back or anything, im just venting a small frustraion/trend that i personally dont like and am worried that more heroes will lose what made them “unique”.

2 Likes

I find it amusing this post is coming from the person constantly whining about widow on the forums and asking for her identity as a sniper to be removed because ‘one shot bad’.

Honestly I agree that Widow could benefit from a new format over heavy-handed balancing changes, but this post is uh … interesting

Placing turrets, if you’re a good player, is active. More so than spamming orbs in the sense that to get the full value of your turrets you have to know where to place them for what effect. Are they zoning, burst damage, or distraction? Depending on what I need them to do, they need to be positioned differently. Charging a projectile is way less active and engaging because it’s versatility is so limited. You aim, you shoot.