Hero pools= one tricks not playing comp

Boom. THERE we go.

That’s EXACTLY the point I’ve been trying to make.

THANK you.

Exactly. And I’m not throwing when I decide “You know, I’d like to play Lucio today and see how well I do.”

1 Like

Good. Maybe you’ll finally stop being selfish and learn something new. Or maybe you’ll stick to QP and the arcade, where you belong.

I’ll concede to this. You’re welcome I guess?

1 Like

But less then below gold.

But I am confident in my own skills to not make mistakes.

But then you have weeks where Rein and Sigma might be banned and you can actually play Dva without your team getting angry and throwing

Dont take this the wrong way, but I’m pretty sure they’re well aware of how this impacts 1 tricks.

When you go up in rank, you will make “less mistakes” than someone below Gold, but every mistake will still cost your team the game.

The higher in rank you go, the more costly your mistakes are, because your enemies are better at punishing you.

If you weren’t making mistakes, you wouldn’t be in Platinum.

2 Likes

This is true, so I will train myself to not make them.

Indeed, but I made majority of my mistakes in QP.

It doesn’t. They just wont play until their hero comes back

Not playing for a week is a way it impacts them. Literally by definition.

Again, this is impossible, because otherwise you would have already ranked up out of Platinum. If Platinum is literally the best you could do, then by your own argument, you ruined your teammates games every time you played in Comp and lost.

By your own argument, you should not be playing in Comp ever again until you are playing above a Plat level.

Well ya, agreed. Which in the end, is still a negative impact on the game as a whole.

What I was referring to, people think that “magically” they will now avoid this pesky one tricks that make them lose their games. It wont.

Oh agreed. I was mainly just commenting that I’m pretty sure the devs are 110% aware that banning a hero for 1 week means that people who only play that hero won’t play for a week. OP makes it sound like this maybe hadn’t crossed their minds.

I think you are getting a little confused. I am not saying you are immune to faults, you just make them less. You make more mistakes from heroes you are unsure how to play.

Also how can someone get out of plat if they never play comp? You need to train, be confident, and improve. Then go play comp and try your best to win.

Hope you do not mind me asking, but what is your ranking? It’s ok I will not rank shame you.

You literally said:

What you apparently mean is “I’m confident in my ability not to make the same mistakes I did in Gold or Silver”. Because by definition, you are making new and statistically more costly mistakes in Platinum.

I specifically said before that I play in comp with the specific purpose of training and learning.

You just defeated your own argument: how am I supposed to learn from mistakes if I don’t go to comp and learn that they’re mistakes?

I’m Gold/Plat, depending on role and account. I already said this earlier.

Didn’t read the whole thread but (shocking I know as a fellow D’Va one trick) I find myself agreeing with the op. Noob play or quick play as it’s called teaches bad strategies and does nothing to help learn how to play in comp.
In QP I get POTG almost every match with a 4-6 player self destruct kill and have a very healthy win/loss record. In comp even at bronze I have a negative win/loss record as the playstyle and players I play with and against is extremely different play wise.
QP is not and never will be a good place to learn to be better for comp. Hero pools will just force those bad plays to be in comp when people are forced to play new heroes they don’t know well and will cause more accusations of throwing when in reality it is just they don’t know the heroes well enough to play them in comp.
I will not stop playing comp as I still want my golden guns and there is no other way to get them.

1 Like

Cool blizzard is 80% against one tricks.

Exactly, I literally sat in this thread and said that I went almost undefeated as Baptiste when he was first released in QP and felt confident that I was going to start stomping people in Comp. Only to find out after I played in Comp that the strategies I was so confident in were 100% wrong and go on to lose 17 consecutive games until I figured out how to actually play him in Comp.

That’s the problem with WhiteSnow’s entire “you have to train until you’re confident” argument–you can be as confident as you want. That doesn’t mean what you do is going to work in Comp.

You do not understand me. I said I will try my best not to make mistakes and confident that I will not. But I am not immune to fault too and will make a mistake at some point. But I will make them less than gold.

I did not say I will make more mistakes in plat.

You play QP and learn them there. No risk of losing SR or costing your team a game.

Some of the best self destruct plays I’ve had in comp got 0 kills but allowed us to push into where my MEKA was blowing up and win the match. Using it strictly to create space was a foreign concept to me in QP as it was a massive team killing move instead.

1 Like