Hero pools is a brave and holistic change

how bout the next next hero :wink:

2 Likes

Holy moly, Jeff’s on fire today! This is exciting!

3 Likes

Or a hog. I find it super easy to be hooked as zen. :stuck_out_tongue: The idea of giving him more healing balls could be a neat idea to make him a bit more viable as a main healer though. (not that he should be, just could be neat)

Trans is now just Zen tossing out a ton of orbs…

I literally forgot what the OG post was

rip me derailing the thread for 15 minutes straight

1 Like

I’m happy for you guys that you managed to get that through! The console portion is very significant.
Most of my overwatch friends don’t have PTR installed - those of us who do (myself and maybe two friends?) usually just hop onto PTR to test in practice range how the changes feel. So… not much data for you guys, I’m sure.
The live access for EVERYONE should give more clear information and fun things to try!

we’ve considered having the system only apply to players above a certain rank (diamond? masters?). it’s definitely on our minds.

i’m not sure we can make a hero great than teemu selanne?

39 Likes

Im also interested if basic hero color and pattern color swap skins and OWL skins will change into their new OW2 looks when the game launches or they will stay the same and they will be added as new skins. And if OW1 players can earn skins based on the new looks.

2 Likes

I can’t help but wonder what this will do to some folks who play competitive but have any number of disabilities allowing them to more naturally play only a few heroes/one hero that they can perform on. If you ban that hero for the week then they may literally be unable to play for that time?

You would need to be exceedingly careful in allowing there to be enough options for all manner of player to play for the week and in some cases that still may not be enough. This seems like a terrible change for those who only pilot certain heroes. How will you ensure everyone will still be able to play in competitive?

To experience the drama and share my disgust for Blizzard

But zen isn’t meant to just heal, he is supposed to do more at the same time, discord is strong but not op, well his whole kit is strong but not OP.

I normally just leave my harmony on a gengu or other hard to heal teammate and tell the other healer i got them so they can not stress themselves out, Gengu loves it, that ana and/or moira that would have to get crazy to heal them loves it.

1 Like

I asked this as well. I really hope there will be or it could cause a lot of frustration and create a bad first impression.

Will OWL affect the hero bans pool of the live game? Or the Live game will affect OWL bans pool? Or these things are separate and do not interfere with each other?

I think lots of people said more patchs and fast patchs because the game was not really balanced with the meta like double shield. Personaly i don’t want fast patch only for patch, i don’t really like that the game gonna change every week. I want fast patch but only for a game balanced and then, when ow is balanced, nobody wants patch

Hey Jeff, I know this is off-topic but is there anything you can say about a map-maker?
I know you’ve talked about it before and that it’s something not easy to do but it would be amazing to make custom maps for Overwatch, especially because there are a lot of gamemodes that would work better with custom maps.
Also, custom maps could be added officially to the game if the community likes them enough, like TF2 does it.
Thank you

This is literally competitive play…

Will the hero pool affect Open division and Overwatch Contenders in any way?

i thought you said “Fish” hero

1 Like

I was joking around :stuck_out_tongue:

Out of all the things you’ve talked about so far today to us, what are you the most excited for?

Hi jeff, thx for all your awesome answers and replies, i just have 1 question, Can you bring D.Va’s voiceline “Baang” back again? I really miss it :frowning:, i know some people were annoyed by it but can it come as a normal voiceline or just sometimes when firing missiles?

2 Likes