Hero Gallery... cannot rotate models

Still no reply to my trouble ticket via the support channels, not even a “we are aware of this problem, please be patient”. We’re getting ghosted by Blizzard :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Perhaps, we all should submit tickets individually and file our complaints to get Blizzard address this issue. Granted, it’s not a bug that is gameplay altering, but still is a bug that shouldn’t exist when Blizzard invests heavily in the aesthetic aspect of the game. Hero Gallery is a big part of this game, after all. Furthermore, it is not an insignificant number of people that are affected by this. How do I submit a ticket?

1 Like

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/overwatch/908

1 Like

Can this just be acknowledged as a bug?

2 Likes

Ok I found on another thread that the fix is to reset all your “Controls” settings (which really sucks). I tried it and it works, I can rotate models now.

Still think this is a bug though. Really sucks cause I lose all my custom reticles and colors and bindings.

1 Like

Ugghh, I have custom controls set for almost every hero, that’s many hundreds of individual tweaks all together. Resetting the controls to fix the gallery is completely impractical as I’d be destroying a functional issue to fix a cosmetic one.

Is there is no way to export your control scheme and restore it?

Any help in here with this?

Ugh. I have custom settings specific to each hero, all different from crosshair shapes to sensitivity. This is clearly a bug and shouldn’t happen in the first place, nor should users reset their control settings every time it happens. Blizzard, please find a permanent solution asap! Thank you.

2 Likes

I confirm restoring defaults of your controls settings fixes this issue (Options > Controls). I still recommend that Blizzard address this issue in a more permanent way so that users don’t have to resort to this method every time it happens.

1 Like

same here, I cannot rotate the models… just noticed this a few days ago

1 Like

I have not been able to rotate my heroes/their weapons for a good time now. Pls help

1 Like

The fix is to reset your “controls” to default. If you have modified your controls extensively, it may not be worth it. It would easily take me hours to document all of my custom binds and then re-enter them.

I’m hoping Blizzard will officially patch the problem without needed a restore to default binding.

2 Likes

Yup. It is increasing. I just got hit. XD Cannot rotate characters. Roomie is bummed he cannot see Widow Booty.

3 Likes

Same XD
That’s the only thing why i want to rotate them :3

1 Like

In my family, two people can’t rotate Heroes in the gallery, and three can. Reseting controls to default fixed it, but recustomizing broke it again.

Found that setting any of the four movement commands, forward, left, right, or back, to the Left Mouse Button disabled Hero Rotation in the gallery. Manually setting the directional control back to its previous setting DID NOT fix the rotation problem, but resetting controls to default did.

Also noticed that when setting any of the four movement controls to LMB it didn’t say that LMB had been unset from the primary fire control.

Setting other controls to LMB didn’t break rotation, and DID automatically unset it from Primary Fire. Setting Right Mouse Button to any of those controls did not duplicate the Hero Rotation problem.

I put this information in a new thread, and didn’t see a response. I’m going to add it here and other like-minded threads, hoping a Dev looks at it and has an epiphany. I know this is little, but I hope I’ve provided enough detail that you can figure out what changed to cause this behavior, and get us a fix. It’s pretty annoying.

6 Likes

Huge value add to the thread!

I had the same problem for months too. I reseted the default controls as Ryom said and it works just fine now (thank you so much by the way) even after putting all my bindings back.

The problem is, it sounds like it tends to break again in the same way when updates are applied. So until the bug is fixed, players may be forced to keep redoing their key-binds after the game updates.

1 Like

How about an easy fix Blizzard? Put in fixed GUI arrows/buttons at the lower part of the screen that allow rotation of the models. You don’t even have to hunt the bug down then, just work around it.

I’ve also got the same issue. I scanned and repaired and also reinstalled the game and I still can’t rotate anything.

Reset your controls to default will fix it, but be aware that rebinding the mouse buttons may cause it to break again later.

If they put in GUI controls for gallery rotation it would be a minor issue instead of a major one.