Hero bans is a horrible idea

And that attitude of not switching to benefit the group is why these bans will either push people to expand their pool or push those who can’t work with their 5 teammates out of comp. Sounds like a win/win to me.

Yup it will be just second meta. They banned Hanzo? Well we pick McCree. It is still meta. It would not solve anything.

And punishing people from top 500 for being good at their hero is absurd. It’s like to force speed runner on 100m to compete in ski jumping. Just because you are bored with the meta. Or forcing goal keeper by enemy team to play on attack because he is too good at catching balls.

I wonder what Dafran or Jjonak stream look then. Maybe force them to play tank in 20% games since you ban their heroes already. Maybe they should pay for playing Tracer/Zen.

Hero banning is absurd and dangerous path.

1 Like

No it is called using your imagination and figure out way of making the heros you have on the team work together and win instead of yelling at others to switch

Yeah if that stuff goes even near live servers it’s an instant uninstall

1 Like

Can’t wait for hero bans. :partying_face:

I guess you wont be happy to hear, then, that Jeff just stated that the devs are against hero bans for several reasons, and are not working on adding them to the game

If that’s true then the devs make the wrong choice.

I think we’ll have to wait until they reveal the new system next week to properly determine that.

Have fun sitting at the timer cause if they do hero bans i am not going to vote so i will wait and let the timer run down ever match

wel good thing jeff said it aint hero bans

1 Like

If it comes they may go the route of other games where the person with the highest sr gets to decide. Based on your attitude, there’s no worries for me.

most one tricks wont be affected. (there prob won’t be more than 2 bans per team). you cannot get target banned cuz they hide the enemy names anyway.
the only losers are OP 1 tricks. like when brig was op, she would be the loser. plus its competitive, if u want to play ur hero go to qp. balancing will be the same also. it wont be harder if a hero gets banned cuz they will have to balance if no one gets banned (cuz thats a possibility.) what u just said is they need to make 30+ versions of dva cuz a hero gets banned so u have to balance them for which hero gets banned??? idk the whole point of bans is to make certain comps weak. so making a hero synergy weak is suppose to happen.

remember double shield. it basically banned out like 20 heroes in that meta.
if u like the game u will still play. if u want to play a broken hero then go to qp.

most games that have this ban system, u rarely see people say, oh it has bans, im going to quit. from what i read, idk why people think there hero is going to get banned. like a sym getting banned. sym will only get banned (today) if they are trolling.

why you guys still talking about hero bans? jeff already comfirmed that it wont be that.

2 Likes

Well i am happy now cause jeff stated they are not doing it right now so we won the battle but we have to continue fight the war

OH no, the inconsiderate one tricks will leave, what a terrible thing to happen to overwatch.

Smiles at the thought of an Overwatch free of selfish one trick players.

Considering everything they said they’d never do they ended up doing, your chances are unlikely.

People aren’t gonna ban one-tricks. They’re gonna ban staple characters. Ban Orisa and Reinhardt and the enemy team the game becomes Widow-watch.

2 days later Jeff Kaplan thankfully said that it won’t happen.

No it isn’t, and it will increase more variety in games