Help with Workshop Position and Radius

So I’m very new to the workshop, but I’ve been tinkering with it for a few days and feel like i have been able to learn a decent bit through trial and error, but one thing i still can’t pin down is how/if you can make to when it asks for a Position, if you can make it the player/target you used whatever relevant ability on. For instance, i would like to find a way to activate a radius of healing centered on the target of Zarya’s projected barrier. I know how to make a simple radius, i just cannot for the life of me figure out how to center the radius on the target of the ability. I’m assuming it might have to do with variables, but i haven’t tried to mess with those yet, since im still learning how the basics work. Also, while on the topic of radius, is there a way to create a radius that would apply it’s healing/damage/etc whenever somebody walks in it even after a cast? Like how Lucio’s auras work in base game. It’s probably easy, i am just incredibly inexperienced. Thanks for any help!

As of right now, there is no direct code or way to refer to player made objects in the workshop like Torb’s turret, Ashe’s dynamite, or Zarya’s bubble. There are ways to work around it so that you can. Note that when I use [ ] in the code, that’s me talking not the code. If you are specifically referring to Zarya’s you can try something like:

On going-Each Player
Team 1
All

Condition:
Is in view angle (Players on Hero (Hero(Zarya),Team 1), Event player,15)==True

Is in line of Sight(Players on Hero(Hero(Zarya),Team 1), Event Player, [Change according to whether you want it to go through barriers or not])==True

Is using Ability 2(Players on Hero(Hero(Zarya),Team 1)==True

Action:
Start Heal Over Time(Players within Radius(Event Player, [radius], Team 1, off, Event player, [Duration], [Heal amount]

[Duplicate Rule and replace all team 1s with Team 2s]

I think that should work. I’m sure there are simpler ways to do that, but that should work.

For a Lucio recreation
Rule 1
Condition:
None

Action
Start heal over time (Players within radius(Event player),Team 1,Event player,]Heal duration, [Heal amount]

Condition:
Distance between (Event player, [player with healing ability]>[radius of ability]

Rule 2
Action: stop all heal over time(Event player)
Let me know if you have questions, if doesn’t work, or if someone else has a simpler way of doing them :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info! I’m at least a little relieved that i wasn’t just missing something right in front of me haha. I will try these some time and see what i can utilize, much appreciated!