Help with rotating orbs

So i am very bad when it comes to vectors and locations of things in the workshop. So i need help with this. How can i make it so an orb is going around in a small circular sphere in front of me. I have a base line where it goes around me but i want it to go in front of me in a circle like a 2D circle. Here’s the pastebin settings{ modes { Assault { Limit Roles: 2 Of Each Role Per Team - Pastebin.com. Heres the code QKS0F

this will need to be messed with but its the right idea
actions
{
Create Effect(All Players(All Teams), Sphere, Color(White), Eye Position(Event Player) + Facing Direction Of(Event Player)
* 5 + World Vector Of(Vector(0, 0, 1), Event Player, Rotation), 1, Visible To Position and Radius);
}

Yea but how do i make it move in a circle?

Maybe this gives you some hints on how to achieve it, here is my code i came up with, be aware its not optimized and just shows how you could do a rotation/orbitting effect, its also just an animation therefore, no physics like gravity or collision is taken into account. Code: VFTGD4

2 Likes

Thank you, but i’m not trying to go for a orbitting effect im trying to get an effect that goes in a circle in front of you like an O

I have adjust it a bit, it can now process a O like orbitting like you would draw a circle on a 2D Paper. If you have any questions feel free to ask the Code:2H3AE

2 Likes

Sorry for taking so long to respond. That’s kind of what i want but its doesn’t make a O it’s like diagonal. It’s not very consistent

It actuially is very consistent, depending on the perspective, also some Maps are not alligned fine with the World Axises and all Vectors in use are World Vectors thats why it seems diagonal, to be more accurate we need to transform the Focus Point the center or the Rotation to a Local Vector relative to the Player the same for the Orb Position but relative to the Focus Point. So the rotation/orbitting happpens around their own local axises not on the world axises.

2 Likes

hmmm, is it possible for the it to follow where ever they’re looking?

Yeah, besides of that i came up with the idea to make a 2D Screen Projection its like creating HUD displays on screens with In-World Texts, which allows to avoid the limitations of the general HUD elements on the aspect where you can position them on screen. Instead of In-World Text the Orb effect is used, which is related to a Player’s screen and view direction, so it follows where you will looking like a HUD elemnt but it aditionally rotates/orbits in that 2D Projection so it turns from a 3D animation to a 2D space aligned animation.

2 Likes

ok thank you for the help

I have already a prototype done if you want i can give you the code to check it out.

2 Likes

Here is the code, it works and seems smooth it could be designed better in terms of performance, some values can be tweaked in the custom workshop settings panel to specify your individual needs e.g the Radius, coordinate offsets, rotation direction and speed. J8Q6A

2 Likes

I’ve played with it a bit and this is exactly what i needed ty. Sorry i kindd of forgot about it for a little lol

1 Like

No problem, as long it is what you need i’m glad^^.