Help with Code Integration

Whenever I need help with my OW Workshop Modes
Someone Types some long crazy code and I don’t know what to do with it. Someone said there would be an option to paste it. But I don’t see an option.

Incase you don’t know what I mean this is the Code Type:

rule(“boop”)
{
event
{
Ongoing - Each Player;
All;
All;
}

conditions
{
	Or(And(Is Using Ability 1(Event Player), Compare(Player Variable(Event Player, U), !=, True)), And(Not(Is Using Ability 1(
		Event Player)), Player Variable(Event Player, U))) == True;
}

actions
{
	Skip If(Not(Is Using Ability 1(Event Player)), 3);
	Set Damage Dealt(Event Player, 0);
	Set Player Variable(Event Player, U, True);
	Abort;
	Set Damage Dealt(Event Player, 100);
	Set Player Variable(Event Player, U, False);
}

}

When you have recognisable clipboard data, the workshop should show an orange button alongside the delete, up/down, copy, toggle, and select all buttons. Click the orange button to paste in code.

As the above data includes a rule and event, you would find the button at the very top of the workshop window. If the data only contains actions, the button would be within a rule.

1 Like

I don’t see the Orange button. I copied the code with ctrl+c

That’s right, you should just need to copy the text, then be able to paste it. If there is no button, perhaps your clipboard data is wrong somehow?

To see it work, you can try copying one of your existing rules and pasting it into notepad, then copying that and trying to paste it back into overwatch.

Copying an existing Rule and pasting it as a code works. Perhaps I’m just doing something wrong here?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working. It was a Languague problem.