[Help] Get default value of ability cooldown

I’m trying to get the default cooldown length applied to an ability once it’s used, but the “Ability” function always returns 0? I believe it has something to do with the function checking the current cooldown on the ability, and not returning the actual cooldown that would be applied to it.

What is the condition for the function?

If you’re using "Is using ability " that could be the issue. The hud locks the ability on screen and prevents changes to the ability during that time, additionally the cooldown will read as 0 for that duration. However, if you Sub out “Ability cooldown (X) > 0” for the condition in that case - then you get the rule to act on when the ability is no longer in use and when it first measures above 0 seconds, which will give you a measurement closer to what the real cooldown is (though, depending on how large of a workshop script you are running, this measurement may be off from the full cooldown time by a fraction of a second)

Let me know if that isn’t the case, but I’m guessing that’s the issue.

The event I’m using is the “Is Button Held” event, but I can try and sub it out for “Ability Cooldown() > 0”

Update: Ability Cooldown() > 0 works perfectly, but the issue I’m having now is that when I try to get the “Event Ability” value, nothing happens, meaning I have to hard code this function for each single event, instead of having one entry that applies to every ability. Is there any way I can execute my code on all ability uses, and get their cooldown?

You can store Buttons/Abilities in an Array and check with is True for Any value as condition.

I think Event Ability is mainly used for Player Took/Dealt Knockback, damage, or healing events