Hellow, pls help. how do i connect my xbox controller to overwatch?

Edit SOLVED:

i wrote something on technical support but idk :frowning:
This worked and my console is connected im pretty sure. but my overwatch is still with mouse and keyboard. i prefer console for other games like skyrim and it seems to work easier (connecting on steam) but idk how to do it on Overwatch?

• I have the newest/latest xbox controller wireless
  • I have the newest bluetooth thingie
  • Yes I connected it to my pc :< idk
  • Im pc windows 10

help pls D: i give u cookie

I did like this vid said

and no im probably not gonna play overwatch on console regularly i just wanted to try it.

oh and my controller has never touched an xbox. i used to be ps3 so i dont even own an xbox.

Try using a USB
If that doesnt work, download Ds4 Windows. It allows you to play pretty much any game on PC with a Controller

what do you mean? my controller has batteries. which usb thing do i need then? didnt come with that.

ok its in norwegian so u probably don’t understand it so i found this link instead.
https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Wireless-Gaming-Controller-Special/dp/B085H9Q4FP/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=xbox+one+controller+camo&qid=1602096043&sr=8-1
it’s this one. no chords came with.

im really bad at this stuff… but

Product Dimensions 7.09 x 3.94 x 7.87 inches
Item Weight 1.2 pounds
Manufacturer Microsoft
ASIN B085H9Q4FP
Item model number WL3-00174
Batteries 2 AA batteries required. (included)

Do Xbox controllers not come with USB’s? Huh, I haven’t used one since the 360 sorry.
Try Ds4 Windows, I’ve connected my controller via bluetooth through that and it works amazing.
It actually has less input lag than using a controller on current gen Console’s believe it or not :woman_shrugging:

USB works even with a battery it connects it directly to the PC

thing is what do you mean by usb? obviously i know what an USB is like when u connect ur headset/mouse/keyboard. but my console did not come with an usb. nor did it come with something to connect it to anything.

There is no chords what so ever. i asked the lady at the store and she said ah yes it should work.

• The buttons on the controller did blink and my pc says: hello ur connected.

but it doesnt react at all to anything even tho its on .

apparently not, last time i had a controller was ps3… so idk.

Look here;
https://imgur.com/a/hnRXjF8

My bad I meant a micro USB

1 Like

yes it says so on the package but i cannot find it? or its suppose to have it… hm

Just find one or buy one they are like 2-7 bucks .

After looking it up, the Xbox One controllers only use a Micro-USB cable.
Though I do highly recommend Ds4 Windows still, it’s free and works instantly. You don’t need a USB connected to use it either

1 Like

i found one but its 5cm long so it seems to only be used for charging? is this really something i need to use to play with?

• it did not come with the controller i found one hanging around. it light up when i connected it. but it did that earlier with bluetooth too.

Okay i will look into it thanks.

i found that but its so tiny and it didnt come with it… too short to play with

EDIT: it works AFTER I CONNECTED IT WITH THE CABLE. but i cannot sit bent next to my pc to play… ugh.

1 Like

If it’s connected then it should work out of the box, every game including Overwatch worked with my Xbox One controller (though not wireless but that is not factor at all).

it doesnt work when i disconnect the small usb micro cable i randomly found in my house.

it doesnt work wirelessly even though it says its connected and its white?..

Well it’s definitely weird if it works with other games but Overwatch, I launched game just to test it out pressed button on controller and it automatiaclly swapped to that input.

Well I would try few things:

1. Reboot system (silly sometimes work)
  2. Recalibrate controller ( you press windows button and type in controller and calibrate there)
  3. Run scan/repair for Overwatch or fresh install (it’s in battle.net in option)
1 Like

ok so:

• I reconnected it
  • Controller is blinking white extremely fast.
  • After a bit it starts blinking slow again
  • Restarted pc and reconnected console
  • When i logg into overwatch it still does not pick up on the console.
  • It only seems to pick up if ive connected the console with a micro usb. which i dont want to do because its 5cm long and will make it extremely uncomfertable to play.

in bluetook and other devices it says:
xbox wireless controller paired

Edit: it seems like i need the anniversary windows 10 update. but in my windows update thing on my pc it says im up to date. this was in 2016 as well. considering i update my pc regullarly i cannot see this being the reason it does not work?

• Windows 10 pro btw.

Do you have the Microsoft Xbox wireless adaptor for windows 10?

1 Like

i do not… so i cant use the controller without it?

You’d be able to use it plugged in with a USB cable, but if you want to use wireless, you’ll need the adapter.

1 Like

Okay thank you so much! Very stupid that this isnt something they inform you of when buying the controller…
I think they could at the very least say: Hey u need a cable or an adapter btw.
:confused: thanks! you solved it for me.

I agree, it’s pretty dumb. Good luck with it going forward.

1 Like