Hello, forumers

Be glad the forum is about Overwatch specifically. That means it’s not completely overtaken by politics.

3 Likes

Yeah, any conversation about politics is messy… Thanks for reminding be about them though. I’ll make an edit to the original post…

1 Like

I’ve seen forums control this better than you’d think they would.
Seen like forums with less than 10k users have off topic sections that also have political threads, key is that because politics are allowed, mods actually keep it in control.

Bumping this thread so the mods/devs see it. :heart:

Unfortunately my Wi-Fi is so frustratingly abhorrent that I’m using my phone, and I hate using my phone for anything I don’t have to use it for…Otherwise I’d try to contribute more to the thread.

6 Likes

I only have my phone, so I’ve learned to get accustomed to this lol.

The devs and mods could completely miss this thread for all I care. This is for the community

6 Likes

I’d just like it if they saw it and decided to create an off-topic section.

3 Likes

I’ve been told we’re getting a new forum with Overwatch 2… perhaps an off topic section. It’s been heavily requested, apparently. Longer than I’ve been here

4 Likes

It’s been my experience as a member, a moderator and a community manager for various gaming communities over the years that off-topic forums are where a lot of the trouble on forums start. You can see that here when the topic begins to stray away from things that aren’t game related. That’s not to say that poor behavior doesn’t occur in game-related threads – they most certainly do – but the overwhelming number of real five-alarmers occur when the topic moves away from Overwatch.

1 Like

That’s why you have more mods with less power, literally look at smogon(Competitive pokemon community) 100+ mods 20 big ones, Great off topic section.

Even if that is true, this place is so bad that what do we have to lose? I’d rather try and say I did, than sit here and let this go on without even trying to improve things. I for one am sick of this

3 Likes

I think that’s where we’re not going to see eye-to-eye. I think this place is improving. I know that you’ve said that you find it boring, but I rather like the more respectful tone that’s being enforced. As far as I’m concerned, there is quite a bit to lose.

I used to be pretty invested in the Pokémon franchise, how are they doing?

1 Like

I don’t think you and I are reading the same threads… rank shaming, main shaming, using loopholes to use offensive terms without getting caught. I know that wishing a perfect community is a feverish dream, but there are some days I’m embarrassed to admit I associate with Overwatch.

3 Likes

I know what you mean, this forum design feels more warm.

Reddit strains my eyes.

1 Like

Crown Tundra (gen 8 dlc)(pokemon sword) kinda brought meta back to gen 7 meta just without the megas and z-moves, landorus, dragonite, ultra beasts, are all problem pokemon that people like and dislike coming back, frankly I never played gen 7 but gen 8 was literally just regenerator weather wars with hazards and the occasional dragapult, scizor hyper offense thing.

I can’t speak for the community of reddit, but the formatting of the app was quite confusing for me… I like how “user friendly”, if you will, this place’s menus are.

2 Likes

Oh boy, those games just get more and more complicated as time goes… I can hardly keep up! Lol :sweat_smile:

edit: typo lol

What was your last pokemon game played?

I don’t think that you, I or anyone else are implying that there is going to be anything resembling a perfect community. I know that you don’t think that having an off-topic forum will make for a perfect community either. But I don’t think an off-topic forum is going to fix anything that you mentioned here, and I don’t think that you do either. I think that what you want is for a place to shoot the breeze with your buddies, and that’s fine. However, I don’t think that making a forum just for that purpose is a healthy thing for the community as a whole, particularly with all the downsides.

One thing that a lot of the kids around here talk about is Discord. You probably know more about it than I do, and so maybe you use it already, but I think that’s a better option for you.

1 Like

The last one I fully completed was Pokémon Y, I think. The special Pokémon was the big flying red and black one