Health bar visibility?

Okay, is it only me who finds it often really hard to read the health bars accurately? Sure its fine when its peaceful and I can take the time to read it, but when in the middle of a fight I find it very difficult to accurately read the health bars of friendlies and enemies alike, which often results in me making bad decisions and plays that would’ve worked if they’d been on the health I thought they were on. I think they should add some options to increase the visibility for people who might benefit from it. Maybe options to increase brightness, alter opacity, add a distinct border around each section of the health bar to make it easier to distinguish. Just my thoughts.

2 Likes

I just wish we could move elements of our HUD around to where want them ourselves. If I want my HP bar mid bottom, why not?

I have the exact same problem. I main Ana and because of this I find myself wasting ammo on allies which already have full health because I just can’t tell how full their health bar is. Not only this makes it difficult to conserve my ammo but also it causes my accuracy(scoped and nonscoped) stats to drop drastically. I have tried different colors for allies and I have tried color blind modes but nothing changed. With me the problem is the color of the full part of health bar being just a different shade of the color of the empty part of the bar. For example if my ally color is blue both the full and empty part of the bar are blue/blueish and it is hard to read. Would be great if the empty part was just black.

Does anyone know of a workaround to this problem?

@Awatar I imagine there might be some way to tweak brightness and contrast to make it a bit easier to read, but honestly I don’t know any. I wish Blizzard would address some of these visibility issues in the game, like viewmodels taking up half the screen or the ally, team and crosshair colours being from a small, set list instead of letting players choose a specific colour with a colour picker so it can suit their tastes and needs.