Healer Symmetra (with utility) Rework Idea!

Honestly I really liked your 3 way teleporter idea. I don’t know what else to say, I just really liked it.

1 Like

This healing is very high, stage 2 is achieved after 1 second and beats out mercy and then in another second it beats out Moira. This is single target but the ramp time is low.
However I suppose it is inconsistent due to aiming but like Ana on a tank this could be very strong due to lack of aiming required.
Her range remaining at 12m could be an issue as now she is a support on the frontline dealing less damage with no sentries and no mobility, a range increase would probably be a good idea too.

Does it ramp up while you heal or do you ramp up damage and that stage translates to healing?

I think you’re onto something but these seem a little powerful, the 6 second cooldown makes them quite spammable, there’s now 4 and they have a combined health of 160 which is almost a second hero. Perhaps lower the hps to 10 and keep the health or revert the HP and keep 15hps.

The shield generator has as much health as it provides, should probably have a bit less so it’s not only a bit more destroyable but worth it. Currently if Sym uses this it’s much more beneficial for the enemies to either wait it out or damage through it.

The 8 second cooldown means it has a very high uptime +50 shields to all allies is very very impactful. I would suggest a 12-15 second cooldown or requring LOS on top of reducing its HP.

I think you should also detail cast times with this one.

Does destroying the tp manually refund ult charge? otherwise I can’t see this being beneficial for Sym to even do.

Lasting for 20 seconds with infinite charge could be hard to manage. When your team dies its 10 seconds for them to respawn meaning it would require sym to almost be ready to place and defend it (does it have hp or is it immortal?) and if Sym has to place it and it’s immortal then it could be very campable on return to point.

Cast time of 1 second makes this a little hard to be a reactionary ultimate.

Do these shields decay? If not I think it might be worth lowering the shields to 100 and increasing the duration to say 15 seconds essentially giving sym and her allies the sustain for a teamfight without treading on lucio or brig’s territory. Perhaps during this time Sym also heals teammates for extra when healing shield hp.

I like your concept but I think a few extra things need to be detailed alongside some fine tuning, hope I helped at all!

Wow, thanks so much for the detailed response!

I was thinking to myself that perhaps the healing is too high. I don’t want to increase ramp up time, as I feel this further increases the “gimmicky” aspect of the weapon.

Perhaps reduce the healing from 40/60/80 to 40/50/60 instead?

Agreed. Especially with the lower damage output and the lower healing that I’ve just proposed.

Increase from 12m to 15m?

I want the stages to be interchangable. So you can ramp up damage from healing, and vice versa.

This has been proposed a few times now. I’ll make this change in the OP.

Alright, got it! Is 200hp more reasonable?

I want to stray away from nerfing the shield generator too much. Now that I’m lowering her HPS on turrets and primary fire, I feel having a more impactful SG makes up for the lower heals.

Though I will increase the cooldown to 10 seconds.

This was an oversight in the OP. I planned for it to have a 1 second cast time (so it can be used as a quick “burst heal” in a way).

Manually destroying does not refund ult charge. The main reason for this is just because the 20s duration is very long and Symmetra may only want to TP 1-2 people in the first few seconds of the ultimate.

This was how old TP had to play out. Because this TP has a long placement range, I intend for the ultimate to be used in situations where Symmetra is one of the last team members alive and she places it during the fight on the high ground (or another hard to reach area).

This was another oversight in the OP. I intend for it to have 350hp. Because this is her ultimate, I feel the extra health is feesable.

This cast time matches Lucio’s beat drop. Instantly granting 200hp to 6 people is strong, so I think there needs to be a window of opportunity to stop this happening.

No. They last for 6 seconds and then disappear immediately.

However, what you’ve suggested really does sound similar to Rally. Rally gives 100 armour (worth more than shields) and lasts for 30 seconds.

The only difference here is the shields lasting the full duration whereas Rally armour is destroyed mid-rally.

This was a massive help! Thanks for the detailed feedback.

1 Like

I think this is a lot more reasonable especially because it can be stacked with the turrets. Obviously this is one of those things where without it being in the game you can’t fine tune it.

I would say maybe 18m (but 15m at least), that way she can keep herself away from danger, she doesn’t want to be on the frontlines at all now. She isn’t gonna melt any shields or opponents with such a range and it helps her keep a distance. Besides with the healing the further she is away the harder it is to track.

Since it has decreased increase time, I think it would be better to increase how fast it goes down while not doing something? Now it can heal it has a way to stay charged during a fight which could be slightly problematic. As she would almost always be at her full potential.

200hp is definitely more reasonable.

10 seconds is definitely better
forgot to add this in my initial post but maybe a longer cooldown of 12-13 seconds if the enemy destroys it that way it is a bit more punishing to use poorly. It just seems a bit like one of those abilities that gives a lot of value for easy use that people complain about. I’m unsure myself on this suggestion.

makes sense
also you might want to detail an ultimate cost for this one, forgot to mention. Or at least a rough idea of how often you’d like symmetra to have these ults.

maybe a bit more. If sym is one of the last alive then this thing needs to tank a lot of focus fire as soon as she places it, it will be a priority especially with no team or sentries to defend it.

i see why my suggestion is flawed. Perhaps to make this slightly more powerful on sym’s end it could give her infinite ammo and ramp her up to max charge for the duration too? Might make it feel less like a mini beat drop. Although it might be better as is depending on the ult cost.

Glad I could help! I love reworks that are detailed like this! You can really tell when someone cares, and speculation and discussion is fun

1 Like

18m is very long, especially for a Support. If the weapon was healing only, I think this could slide. But because damage is attached, I don’t want Symmetra to become a frustrating hero to play against.

Ah yes, another oversight in the OP! I orignally intended for it to deramp at one stage per 2s (this is the same as the live server).

But reducing it from 2s to 1s will be a healthier change.

I’ve never been a fan of increased cooldowns on enemy destroyal. Immediately having your structure destroyed is punishment enough, in my opinion.

I’m not very well versed on ult charge numbers. That’s why I mentioned a similar ult charge rate to Valkyrie.

However, deciding the frequency of an ultimate is hard to pin point without being able to test how fast Symmetra generates ultimate charge.

So I guess I would want to leave this decision to the developers, if they were to theoretically use this idea.

1 Like

Let’s… Not bring back that problematic mess of an Ultimate from the 2.0 days…

(And especially not buff it even more).

Thanks!

The shield generator and shield matrix will definitely need tweaking because +50 hp on a normal ability and +200 on an ultimate is no joke, probably going to be the most broken ability in the game. With tweaking, it might work.

I like the idea of Sym’s gun interacting the same for her team as her enemies.

Only thing I would do is give her a toggle option so she can’t heal and DPS at the same time. It’s also needed because a blue beam healing people is kind of out of character for a support. All healing is yellow so unless the beam can change colors instantly she would need to activate it.

Don’t forget they never tired healing turrets with the 3.0 throwable kind.

Continuing the discussion from Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?:

The weapon can only heal/damage one person at a time. Because it doesn’t pierce through full health allies, it’s very, very hard for her to hit two people.

That’s true! I’d argue the current turrets work well on offence, so if you replace the damage with healing, they could work quite well.

When creating this idea, I imagined Symmetra on Hanamura first point attack. Setting two turrets on the wall by choke, healing the Reinhardt as he swings his hammer. And then having one turret up on the sniper perch to passively pocket the Widowmaker.

Also. Remember this lie.

and also that when they put her on PTR her damage numbers were listed as 60/120/180 but Geoff told us this a long time before but because the orbs were slower most people just thought it had changed too.

Well, the 25m/s is only 5m/s slower. They probably just thought it was a tad too fast.

It’d be cool if the turrets could stick to people kind of like a reverse zen orb.

Rein could have a healing turret that heals the DPS behind him for example to protect them from flankers and damage.

This made me think of that old “feature” with 2.0 Sym where you could stick 4 turrets on a basketball and run at the enemies with it :rofl:

1 Like

Whatever she is, as long as she keeps her tp and sentries and engineer style gameplay I’m good.

This seems like a pretty fair concept.

I don’t know how it would balance out, and I’m sure some Symmetra mains might not agree with it, but I like the idea as a whole. Well put.

I have a question regarding the Primary Fire.
Will it become like 1.0/2.0 with a lock-on for both enemies and allies ? Will it be straight ? Or will it lock on only if you’re healing an ally and stays straight if you’re hitting enemies ?

Yess, all Sym needs is her old succ weapon back. Tbh that was lowkey the best thing about her

How about no? I like DPS symmetra. A lot of people do. Why should they fundamentally change a hero just because you’re bored with the game? Move on. She’s fine as she is. She could use some damage or survivabity buffs maybe but changing her core function is a slap in the face to people who enjoy her current mechanics.

where was this energy two years ago?