Healer Symmetra (with utility) Rework Idea!

Let’s… Not bring back that problematic mess of an Ultimate from the 2.0 days…

(And especially not buff it even more).

Thanks!

The shield generator and shield matrix will definitely need tweaking because +50 hp on a normal ability and +200 on an ultimate is no joke, probably going to be the most broken ability in the game. With tweaking, it might work.

I like the idea of Sym’s gun interacting the same for her team as her enemies.

Only thing I would do is give her a toggle option so she can’t heal and DPS at the same time. It’s also needed because a blue beam healing people is kind of out of character for a support. All healing is yellow so unless the beam can change colors instantly she would need to activate it.

Don’t forget they never tired healing turrets with the 3.0 throwable kind.

Continuing the discussion from Symmetra Rework: Defense or Support?:

The weapon can only heal/damage one person at a time. Because it doesn’t pierce through full health allies, it’s very, very hard for her to hit two people.

That’s true! I’d argue the current turrets work well on offence, so if you replace the damage with healing, they could work quite well.

When creating this idea, I imagined Symmetra on Hanamura first point attack. Setting two turrets on the wall by choke, healing the Reinhardt as he swings his hammer. And then having one turret up on the sniper perch to passively pocket the Widowmaker.

Also. Remember this lie.

and also that when they put her on PTR her damage numbers were listed as 60/120/180 but Geoff told us this a long time before but because the orbs were slower most people just thought it had changed too.

Well, the 25m/s is only 5m/s slower. They probably just thought it was a tad too fast.

It’d be cool if the turrets could stick to people kind of like a reverse zen orb.

Rein could have a healing turret that heals the DPS behind him for example to protect them from flankers and damage.

This made me think of that old “feature” with 2.0 Sym where you could stick 4 turrets on a basketball and run at the enemies with it :rofl:

1 Like

Whatever she is, as long as she keeps her tp and sentries and engineer style gameplay I’m good.

This seems like a pretty fair concept.

I don’t know how it would balance out, and I’m sure some Symmetra mains might not agree with it, but I like the idea as a whole. Well put.

I have a question regarding the Primary Fire.
Will it become like 1.0/2.0 with a lock-on for both enemies and allies ? Will it be straight ? Or will it lock on only if you’re healing an ally and stays straight if you’re hitting enemies ?

Yess, all Sym needs is her old succ weapon back. Tbh that was lowkey the best thing about her

How about no? I like DPS symmetra. A lot of people do. Why should they fundamentally change a hero just because you’re bored with the game? Move on. She’s fine as she is. She could use some damage or survivabity buffs maybe but changing her core function is a slap in the face to people who enjoy her current mechanics.

where was this energy two years ago?