Has anyone ever seen a winstreak modifier?

How many games in a row do I need to win to start seeing a winstreak modifier?
It looks like if you lose 3 games in a row you lose a lot, but if you win 5 games in a row there’s still no boost. Doesn’t make sense at all.

it’s more of a win factor as they say, or a “window”.
So hypothetically they look into your last 10 games and if youve won say 80% of them you get a winstreak. (they havent said the actual numbers)
Winning 5 games if you had previously lost 5 might not trigger it yet, for example. As that’s a 50% win rate for the 10 games.

1 Like

Game history backward:
x5 win, x1 lose, x1 win, x2 lose, x3 win
No upward multiplier ever

Update: another win gained only 18% expected. So on the 6th win not much gain regardless I had 2 death the whole game.

Update: 7th win shows winstreak, 23% gain (seems very low)
8th win shows winstreak, 24% gain
9th win shows uphill battle+winstreak 26% gain
10th win shows winstreak, 26% gain

I have a theory that it is more for when you are winning a bunch in a row, but your rank is considerably lower than your MMR… so you get that addition boost to catch up.

So if you are about where you should be, you will never see it. Unless you win countless games in a row for some reason.

So yeah. At that point your MMR was noticably higher than rank and it needed to catch up.

I’ve gone 10 wins in a row to M3 and not seen it yet.

1 Like

That would check out for me, I got a winstreak modifier after 4 wins going up from gold to my usual diamond. Continued all day.

1 Like

I’ve just played 3 supports games. Won first 2 got win streak immediately. Gained 48% then 42%. The defeat I only lost 4%

Yeah I don’t see winstreak modifiers even after a whole page of wins when I’m at my usual elo.

This proves skill has nothing to do with ranks, we are pushed where matchmaker thinks we belong to…

1 Like

SKill has nothing to do with it?

Right.

Find 1 silver, gold plat, diamond, master, gm player and 1v1 them. see how much skill you need.

I got the modifier couple of times. Didn’t see a dramatic up tick of sr.

Lawl… I had to go 40-7 on an alt to win a game. Dps partner had a less than one kdr. Winning 1v1s is a dimension of this game, no1 has the full picture. Team cooperation is another and counters, positioning. So yea you’re not wrong just not even half right.

I think it’s like 6 of the last 7 matches before you get the winstreak modifier. Cause you can lose one match and still keep it.

It’s pretty bad though, you get an extra 3-5% per win. So you barely rank up faster.

I didn’t. First couple times it was only +1/2 , 22%. It wasn’t until I got my 4th or 5th win did I receive maaaybe 25.

So had to win 80% first, then won 5 more after that. None over 25%, first couple 21%. No “uphills” or reversals with addition. (I did post this, check that post to keep me honest. )

I had normal wins that gave me more sr.

I’ve been on win streaks several times now. They’re always immediately followed by volatile losses.

I seem to get them every 3 wins. It’s hardly much %. However, after going 20-0, I got +39%. It didn’t list a win streak modifier, but it clearly gave me a good bonus. The system is still confusing. I haven’t lost much, so I don’t know what happens then.

It does that based on what it thinks your skill level is.

2 Likes

It gives you games it thinks you can handle but it won’t give you the rank it thinks you deserve

Thats not very nice of it. Ai can be cruel

I won about 9 out of 10 yesterday and got a win streak modifier and 11% progress. It’s pretty meaningless.

1 Like