While we don’t exactly know how it will be I would love if those arrows could still bounce around. It won’t be able to do anything near what the scatter does at the moment simply because the arrows are not instant.
The only reason I want this to happen is so you could shoot the arrows at a wall and make the arrows go behind some shield. I like doing this with scatter for now and I would hate to see that go away.
What do you guys think?
Honestly, good riddance. I’ve been playing Hanzo since the game came out and while Scatter Arrow was a neat concept, in-game it really was just a glorified floor shotgun that really didn’t work half the time.
Mostly due to slight alterations in the geometry whether it’s because the floor is sloped, some random edges, or rocks obstructing its trajectory, it’s just weird and unacceptable that an ability’s usefulness is determined entirely by the LEVEL DESIGN. Like good luck like trying to land a scatter on point B of volskaya with all those metal wrinkles on the ground.
For a hero that’s touted as being precision-based, Scatter wasn’t really precise at all and holds him back from being more viable than he currently is. I mean I can count on one hand the number of Scatter kills I thought were genuinely skillful and cool, but if that’s the amount that I can count over the course of 800 hours on Hanzo, then something is seriously wrong.
Well I see you’re glad to have scatter gone but what about the idea of having the arrows in Volley bounce off walls? At least walls…
That’s a neat idea, as long as it doesn’t bounce off the floor I think people would be okay with it, but then we’re already getting Hanzo’s Leap along with this Volley ability so adding wall bounce on it might make Hanzo’s kit feel a bit overloaded (overloaded like a certain Shimada brother’s kit that can do a lot of things).
But I wouldn’t oppose it, it’s a nice compromise, but I’m fine if they don’t do anything extra either, I never really played or liked Hanzo for Scatter. The feeling of releasing an arrow exactly when you want to just feels amazing alongside his dope a f looking and sounding Dragonstrike.
Can’t wait for the changes to hit the PTR lol
Yea I’ve basically stopped playing the game as I’ve achieved my ranked goals already and patiently waiting for dat PTR patch.
I’m excited about the prospect of doing maybe a Wall Climb into a Leap into a mid-air Volley from above two 200 hp heroes, killing them both. Dayum that would be pretty sick.
You’d only need some slowmo while falling and it would be perfect lel