Hanzo's Storm Arrows are INSANE

Metas are made off of strengths. Winston isn’t overpowered, but he enabled dive.

That’s how i feel too. He’s become more spammy and low risk high reward.

I feel like everything you’ve said stands on one thing: that you follow the game’s classification of hanzo as a sniper. He really isn’t.

It’s akin to saying symm is a support and thus she’s underpowered because she cannot heal. (She is underpowered but it isn’t because she can’t heal)

Likewise, if we’re going to view hanzo through that lens then yes he will be overpowered. A character with one shot ability that is also mobile. But the fact is he trades long range consistency for mobility and higher dps.

Actually grappling hook isn’t even that bad either, it’s got a longer cooldown than lunge but has some very creative uses to slingshot widow.

1 Like

Of course not. This meta was enabled by Brigitte, with rein and Zarya the two supporting pillars.

If it wasn’t hanzo it’d be Junkrat, or widow. Probably rat.

3 Likes

We’ve been testing some nerfs internally and have decided to make a change for the upcoming patch.

We’re reducing the damage per arrow from 80 to 70, which not only drops them out of one-shot territory for 200 hp heroes (w/ dmg boost), but also drops them out of one-shot range of 150 heroes such as Tracer and D.Va pilot.

The ability will still be very strong overall, but this change should help mitigate the most frustrating element of fighting against it. We’re looking at getting this change up onto the PTR soon.

85 Likes

What ever happened to this, Geoff Goodman? :wink:

(About Sombra):

It’s been almost three months and Sombra now has the lowest Winrate and Pickrate out of EVERY hero since her changes, she’s still full of bugs and her hack might as well be a guessing game because of the LoS changes that destroyed her ability to hack and the 2s Cooldown when interrupted makes hacking anyone that knows how to shoot impossible and she’s now back in F-Tier once again because of it all and we’ve heard NOTHING from you guys since. The last thing we heard is what YOU stated above (the quote) which completely backfired in-case you somehow haven’t noticed. What do you plan on doing about this? I’m not letting you guys make Sombra viable for TWO weeks just so you could nerf her and throw her back in the trash and wash your hands for another year and get away with it.

I want an answer, any acknowledgement would be appreciated.

65 Likes

Probably not going to get a reply to this, but since Hanzo is doing better than McCree in every way except his stun, are you going to address McCree any time soon or are there other things higher on the priority list?
Like Sombra… perhaps?

15 Likes

Wow that was faster than I thought. Thank you for the update :ok_hand:

This should also consequently slow down his ult charge a little, killing two stones with one bird.

So he’s keeping the crit…?

Guess I’m learning hanzo

1 Like

Interesting thoughts on Hanzo from Aimbotcalvin (08:44)

7 Likes

Could that 10 damage per shot you removed find its way to Fan the Hammer?

14 Likes

this guy is the hanzo patron on these salt mines

2 Likes

It would be just an arrow spamming ability without crits, and a little boring tbh. Reduced crit damage makes more sense. No more one shot kills, yet still incentive to actually aim for the head for more damage, more skillful.

1 Like

I think this is a great change, Geoff. Thanks, as always, for your communication with us.

8 Likes

Everyone loves Hanzo. Especailly now that he’s reliably powerful.

1 Like

This is good news.

Now, can we do something about the Ult Charge? Lol.

Less damage per arrow means less ult charge already.

4 Likes

Can you reply on the top 500 NO animation spray for 6v6 elimination competitive?

1 Like

I wish we could hear about Sombra to.

We’ve talked about this as well but changing a heroes damage already affects their ult charge. If it still seems too frequent after Storm Arrows lands in a good place we can look at it again.

45 Likes