Hanzo's Storm Arrows are INSANE

Correct SA is pretty much instant w/o a lot of travel time for the projectile - Firestrike can take seconds to hit its target. Additionally, Hanzo is pretty much a meme character in Overwatch. It isn’t his fault or the players - it is simply because Hanzo shoots insanely oversized projectiles at a high rate of fire pretty much giving the player six shots to land an instant kill (usually w/o needing to aim). I hate to say it, but Hanzo is basically the “training wheels” for a sniper class.

16 Likes

4.59 k/d this season with Hanzo. I think that’s the best hanzo seasonal stats I’ve seen on PC. Good job. Just don’t be surprised if Hanzo has some numbers retuned in the future. Remember we are still in the data gathering phase to see how he is balance wise.

3 Likes

I believe he’s given too many arrows to fire at such quick time with great damage

13 Likes

It’s nice to finally get a decent shield buster but getting one or two shot from across the map as a dps just feels cheap sometimes because the rate of fire is so fast you can barely react sometimes.

This patch has made McCree useless on console, he was already struggling but now he just doesn’t have the sustain or escape capabilities. Some matches feel like a deadly game of pinball because you’re thrown around and stunned so much while trying to avoid flurries of damage.

Pick rates for hanzo and even Brigitte speak volumes right now…

4 Likes

Yep, not a great time to play Tracer, those distant one shots are coming in a lot more often now with SA but at the very least new Hanzo has to aim more now, and not burst damage someone at their feet which was dumb.

OmegaLUL… okay eat that information up. I’ve seen arrow animations COMPLETELY outside my physical character frame that killed me. Odd right?

9 Likes

Lies. Hanzo needs to aim less now, because he is not punished for missing anymore. Just spam and fly away if someone comes close.

10 Likes

Firestrike has a lengthy windup time that tells you when is it gonna shoot out and SA is less than a second activation with instant firing.

You should actually look up the meaning of telegraphed before calling something a joke, because you’re just making yourself one now with how easily biased you’re defending it

18 Likes

Rein has no chance vs new hanzo. He spams his shield down and when he trys to attack storm arrows kills him. As Dva Hanzo is my biggest counter now and Winston is also bad vs him now. He lost Dva and Winston as counter, screws RH and can spam down barriers. His damage to barriers is close to JUNKRATS stats of you see the statistics! That’s abnormal! All in all he is broken. In GM his pickrate has gone up from 7 to 47% pickrate!! And that in GM! Almost all other DPS pickrates gone down. McCree lost over the half of his pickrate.

He is not viable… he is worse then the buffed junkrat without the nerfs… he is broken.

20 Likes

Hanzo along with Genji have the smallest projectile hitboxes as far as I am aware. Although, this does not mean in any way that any projectile has more zoning potential than any hitscan.

To be honest, I don’t really think that Hanzo is broken. Perhaps he needs a slight nerf to his ultimate charge.

If it goes to a “must nerf” storm arrow proposal I would go for the following:
Decrease the fire rate, but it would work as a hitscan ability.

Yeah i must be biased. But you a tank main is clearly not biased.

3 Likes

He is in the moment more frustrating then Brigitte… and that is a real problem.

10 Likes

That’s an opinion not a fact. Don’t really care who people find frustrating.

1 Like

He is not shooting SA at nothing though, more likely he actually is aiming at something, a choke point, a focused target, it’s still aiming, and I’d take him aiming 6 fast arrows in succession over one burst arrow that can delete a tank instantly, so once you spread one arrow out in to 6, that’s actually more aiming, not less because you’re spreading out the shots.

But as I’ve said, my guess is Hanzo will mostly likely get some numbers re-tuned soon and life will go on as normal, just like Brig is getting 3 numbers retuned. Probably storm arrow in some way and/or ult charge increase maybe.

I’m sure Blizzard is gathering all the data they need from S10 to see if and what changes are needed.

1 Like

True but storm arrow every couple of seconds is like spray and pray…you can’t avoid it most of the time.

The game feels like it’s punishing skill characters and handing out cheap abilities that pretty much guarantee kills.

9 Likes

Then read my other comment. He is also broken statistic wise. He should not have the same barrier damage then a junkrat. That’s junks job… hanzo just does this by default… or be more dangerous close range then reaper…

2 Likes

Yes apparently Junkrat is the only hero allowed to be a threat to barriers now. Yes very logical.

If you are more afraid of Hanzo than reaper close range you are doing something very wrongm

2 Likes

The reason I’m not stressing over it too much is because we’re still in the data gathering phase, it’s early days and I think Blizzard will retune some numbers on him. We shouldn’t be too concerned. They followed the same pattern with Brigitte.

1 Like

Well, I envy the strength of your beliefs. After seeing new hero “Brigitte”, my hopes of Blizzard managing to nail some sort of agreeable balance kind of… vanished.

1 Like

Bo but it is his design. A sniper should be weak to barriers… and not just burst them down! Are you so blind that you not see that his statistics are crazy? New buffed junk was strong but this new hanzo is another level.

15 Likes