Hanzo's projectiles are not that fast!

You are literally inferring that from nowhere.
Geoff’s statement makes no indication whether he is talking about radius, length, width, volume etc. All we know is that they are the same size as Genji’s shurikens.

You got some evidence for this?

Doesn’t matter, Hanzo mains will always be a cut below the rest…

every skill of his he gets people complain.

Scatter was insane because I stood still and let him do it under my feet.

Storm arrow, he’s projectiles are too fast , he shouldn’t have storm arrow and they shouldn’t be able to headshot. Sounds like you have problems adapting to hero’s and choose to come to the forums to complain because you refuse to learn the other hero and how to beat them.

All we know from the video evidence is that they are marginally slimmer than Zen’s orbs and roughly as slim as the Shuriken. Geoff’s quote doesn’t really say one way or the other, but you made the initial claim that you know for sure that the projectiles are overall among the smallest in the game, so you would have to provide evidence that that quote is meant to take length into consideration. Burden of proof and all that.

I tested it myself in the shooting range a while ago. I didn’t take a video, so if you want to reproduce this or refute it, fire up the game and go check it for yourself.

Watching some clips of some of the highest ranked Hanzo’s (wraxu, argge, samito, ) outside of Tracer range they charge their bows at least to full most of the time. Which makes sense because like you said the arrow speed scales with pullback on his bow so more pull more speed.

My wrong what, huehuehue

Okay i’m leaving.

Ask Arrge then, he doesn’t have a very big audience so he will more than likely answer your question…

Btw he has already stated exactly what I said as one of the aspects at getting good with Hanzo.

Hi. Hanzo hater here, thank you for waiting. Yes, it is worth writing things here, because I make it worth. Cya :smiley:

this hasn’t been true. You’re right it is as fast as Ana’s, but Ana’s isn’t 100 either.

This old reddit thread posted shortly after that buff explains what’s actually happening.

There is an explanation somewhere why Blizzard values and in-game measurements that players made are different but the official projectile speed for Hanzo is 100m/s as stated in the patch-notes.

It’s just different units used basically from what I remember.

EDIT: First guy mentions it: "I mean, the ingame ‘meter’ as defined in the training ground doesn’t match up with the character’s height, as an ingame meter is not equivalent to a IRL meter.

So 130m/s isn’t all that helpful anyway."

and the comment’s right under that go on to explain why that’s not correct. As well this is linked as a second source for the actual value’s from before that buff.

I’m not taking away from your original point in OP. I am correcting the misinformation in it though.

the “1m” in overwatch is actually 1.3m’s

I mean you are correct but I feel like if I corrected it, it would be even more confusing for everyone else.

I probably should just keep to what the devs measure it in, even if is 1.3m instead of 1m.

1 Like

That’s because it’s the smallest projectile in the game, contrary to what some other people say who’ve never done any testing for themselves and just parrot a developer’s words as gospel.

Mei’s are 88 meters per second, because that is lucky :slight_smile:

Given the hit boxes on them, I’d say very lucky :slight_smile:

The smallest projectile in the game still has pretty large area compared to hitscan attacks, and people are comparing him to the hitscans.

I’ve done testing myself, and it is still pretty nutty.

Mei’s are the true tree trunk of the game though :), but they don’t do nearly the same damage, nor have close to the same firerate.

Well, concerning Ana, her darts are really not all that big lol. It’s actually insane how small they are, it’s just that the hero hitboxes are slightly deceiving.

that’s an understatement. The amount of times friendly hitbox’s have gotten team mates killed is way too high, even after the bullets go through team mates buff

I think there’s a special hitbox for Ana concerning friendly targets that extends a bit further than the regular one. I’m pretty sure this hitbox is the one used to determine if you hit an enemy target with a sleep dart too.