Hanzo needs a nerf NOW šŸ’€

Yes, Hanzo needs to be tuned down more.

Pretty obvious.

8 Likes

I hear ya. But they wonā€™t.

1 Like

Giving Hanzo way more consistent damage without changing the rate at which his ultimate charges was a bad idea. People are now complaining about Zarya again, if she gets nerfed because of the Dragonstrike combo Iā€™ll be fuming. Graviton didnā€™t change, Hanzo did.

8 Likes

Hanzo is insanely broken right now. Went from a troll pick to a must pick with insane time to kill damage with his buffed projectile speed along with the rapid fire ability. This was poorly thought out and pretty much does not support selecting any other DPS as they are now very inferior in comparison. You donā€™t replace scatter arrow and introduce something more broken. Just dumb on the development teams part.

Got to love the forums though. Hanzo players are going to defend his buff right down to the very last breath even though they know full well that he is not balanced.

18 Likes

Storm arrows is a bit too strong but Iā€™d rather die to that than be one shot by scatter arrow (especially when playing tanks). Storm arrows at least give some you time to react. I would like it to have more of an audio/visual cue when he activates it and maybe a short channel time though.

3 Likes

While I am in agreement about scatter arrow with you, my point is you do not make a super soldier out of the hero instead of repairing what was broken about him to begin with. Hanzo has now invalidated every other DPS in the game.

8 Likes

My main issue with this ā€˜sniperā€™ is that he melts counters at close-range with storm arrows (420-840 damage).

Honestly.

9 Likes

They improve too many things at once. I think they do it to immediately change peopleā€™s perceptions of a hero, to get new people to try them. 1-2 small changes would just make the hero slightly better for people that already used them and not really change their pick-rate.

1 Like

I feel the same way. Iā€™ve put quite a bit of time into both Hanzo and McCree and Hanzo has the mobility on a shorter CD.
McCree has the advantage of hitscan but at close-medium range Hanzoā€™s arrows basically feel like hit scan anyways

4 Likes

Sombra wasnā€™t even close to Hanzoā€™s state after rework but they gave all Sombra players the middle-finger after some noobs (Excuse me I wanted to say pros) cried and almost deleted her from this gameā€¦ Hanzo is broken since his rework came out- minor nerf to dmg. Proud of you Blizz.

11 Likes

Right after a Brigette nerf that makes dive heroes useful, we can talk about Hanzo again.

2 Likes

Only one thing will fix Hanzo.

Revert
Projectile
Speed

As long as heā€™s got the current projectiles there will never be a reason to pick McCree or Soldier. Hanzo is just way better and easier to get results with.

9 Likes

Can you kill with FtH from the other side of the map? Or is it a close up - high reward skill?

Yeah Hanzo was over-tuned delux, but will they change him? Most likely not, Blizzard has a track record of falling in love with some hero concepts and those concepts will never be changed significantly. It took them 2 years to fix the deflect hitbox size of Genji, despite it being painfully obviously as big as the continent of Africa.

So just enjoy 2 years of Hanzo domination in every game. And chances of Brigitte changes are slim as well, so enjoy 2 years of stun-watch, the game where you can watch yourself be stunned and spammed down.

7 Likes

Misuse of the term one-shot here.

He can BURST winston with some well placed arrows, but youā€™re either not dancing in and around your shield or youā€™re trying to face him without it. Youā€™d have exactly the same experience against a Reaper who lands 2 headshots.

1 Like

I remember they removed headshots from sentry mode bastion despite heā€™s a hitscan but hanzo can still headshot people with storm arrow just because heā€™s not hitscan according what the community has always described him as.

1 Like

Hanzo Doesnā€™t need nerf he is not strong enough

Thatā€™s why heā€™s the best dps hero in the game right now just because heā€™s not strong enough?

In which world r u living pal?

3 Likes

Max damage peace keeper = 240
Max damage storm arrows = 840

No damage fall off on storm arrows. Pinpoint accuracy on storm arrows vs huge spread accuracy. No reload required after. User of storm arrows is much more mobile. User has consistently higher value ult. User provides enemy location to team. Hmm yep they look identical to me.

Oh you meant his left click. The one with damage fall off, no one shot kill potential, no wall hacks, etc. Mccree has exactly one thing over Hanzo and itā€™s a stun. His kit is trumped completely in every other way.

8 Likes

Does being better at any given range than any other DPS make him Overpowered?

Naaaaaah

7 Likes

No they donā€™t.

Quit using ignorance as a balance tool.

2 Likes