Hanzo is broken and NO ONE CARES

This post is nearly 3 years old. But, to humor you…

At the time of making this, hanzo was really good. He had extremely strong tools, but wasn’t meta because of widow mostly. Most people told me he wasn’t an issue at the time of the post. Ironically, a month later he became the flavor of the month and got a ton of nerfs.

2 Likes

I want to add onto this;

‘Overpowered’ doesn’t mean ‘has a high winrate’. It means ‘has a winrate higher than the skill required’. Hanzo is good in most ranks because he’s easy and Activision is, shallowly, insistent on trying to force a 50% winrate for all heroes.

Hanzo’s really forgiving with a spamable primary, a consistent burst-damage option, good mobility, a powerful zoning and combo-able high-damage ult. Given what his design is, he should have a tiny winrate. He’s massively undefined and only excels because he does high-damage, requiring next-to-zero skill outside of that. If his damage was brought-down to reasonable levels, he’d be unplayable.

Hanzo needs nerfs for his arrow because its hitbox is way too big.

2 Likes

Someone did an investigation and found that hanzo arrow nearly doubles the size of your head hitbox.

Source:

https://redd.it/n74nj8
3 Likes

well yes, if a hero is strong they will be in the meta, if they are not strong they will not be in the meta. so yeah he isn’t broken.

Maybe fall off damage is what he needs.

There we go, hanzo fixed.

Not to be offensive, but here is my sincere and honest reply.

Players that say Hanzo is too OP and needs to get nerfed because of x, y, and z reasons are players who 1. don’t know how to play Hanzo and doesn’t truly understand his mechanics/strengths/weaknesses to begin with, 2. has tried to play Hanzo, but quickly realized that he is one of the most difficult heroes to learn to actually be effective with and gets owned by other players when playing Hanzo, and/or 3. keeps getting owned by Hanzo and, therefore, blames that he needs to be nerfed.

To stress my point number 3, if you’re getting owned by Hanzo, it’s simply because the player knows how to play Hanzo. (just like any and every hero in the game).

You know what/who needs to really be nerfed? Baptiste’s damage firing rate in between shots because it legit is too fast and hardly has any recoil effect. Don’t want Baptiste to be nerfed? Then don’t ask to nerf anyone else.

Just do what I do. Broken or not, nerfs or buffs, who cares.

I welcome the challenge.

it only makes the Victory taste even sweeter.

3 Likes

I was going to upvote you until you started shifting the blame onto other heroes. Hanzo is fine and so is baptiste. Baptiste’s damage is fine and without it, he wouldn’t have became viable as other supports today. You have no idea how clunky and dog poo his gun felt in his release state. All he had on him was Immortality Field 1.0 with more HP but his gun and projectile shots felt very clunky when he was first released.

That’s the reason why he got buffed over the years and stayed buffed. Usually, the DLC heroes are released in their broken state (i.e. Brig, Ashe) and then they get subsequently nerfed until they’re deemed balanced. But with baptiste, he was actually buffed which rarely ever happens to any hero. Which further proves the point that most of the changes that’s given to him so far has been the right choice.

I encourage you to get educated on the history of balance changes on all heroes before demanding any of them to get nerfed just because you lost to them and are salty.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/lamp-abuse-if/646672/85
https://www.esportstales.com/overwatch/list-all-hero-updates-and-balance-changes

Edit: Oh, OP has a baptiste icon. So that’s probably why you started talking about baptiste out of nowhere. In that case, I took your statement out of context.

1 Like

It’s not baptiste, it’s reaper

Just to be clear, this post is from the end of 2019, when hanzo was inarguably the best dps character in the game. But I want to say this; your post is INCREDIBLY well worded for modern hanzo. And also to be clear, I don’t think hanzo is op in the current state of the game, not even close.

Still, fantastic post.

lol. You’re like, no one plays him because he’s bad? I. don’t. care.

oh shoot you’re right. I thought it was bap lol.

thanks. I started this game in 2019 so I’m late to the party. I don’t really care too much about nerfs and/or buffs, but when it comes to people bashing on how OP Hanzo is and needs to get nerfed/buffed, I take it game-context-personally because it’s not about any of those things; rather, it’s more about the player.

1 Like

I finally understand why people are saying Soldier: 76 is really strong now after his most recent buffs. Damage boosted Soldier deleted me in less than a second as ana from like ~ 50 - 60m away in one of my games without even using his helix rocket. I’m starting to question whether I should even contest him anymore as bap which used to be easy peasy with my superior aim. But I need to respect good Soldier: 76 players more now since they most definitely have an upper hand now over supports by a huge margin.

Yeah, now that range has been nerfed his consistently high output over range is invaluable.