Hanzo Firing Animation Glitch (Season 2 Launch)

Why would Blizz do this to my baby?

1 Like

It makes it so hard to watch Arrge stream with this bug

Yes!! I thought I was going crazy since some of my friends didn’t believe me. I saved a couple of videos where his arrows look like they disappear and hits nothing. His bow also looks glitched out too.

1 Like

Wow they won’t even respond. So much for the more communication with the community bullcrap. How can this go so long with no statement at all? The character is unplayable for a lot of people right now.

4 Likes

i thought that too but they mentioned this bug under known issues.

Quote:

We’re sorry for any inconvenience, and we appreciate y’all’s understanding. Our team is working to resolve these issues, and we will provide more information as soon as we have updates!

Current Issues

• Hanzo’s bow jerks upwards at the end of the fully-charged arrow animation
2 Likes

So I guess we’re not getting a fix for this until January.
cool cool cool cool

I really hope we don’t have to wait til January.

They haven’t talked about it at all, the only place it is officially mentioned is the Known Bugs.

I have a bad feeling that the animation itself isn’t really bugged, it’s just that the reload speed increase for DPS has pushed the part of the animation where he reaches back for his next arrow up which looks like “recoil”/jerking upwards

If that’s the case they may be thinking that they need to change the animation.

I’m sure every single Hanzo player would gladly give up the 10% reload speed buff if it fixes this issue.

You could just remove it for Hanzo until you are able to shorten the animation properly.

please :slight_smile:

I highly doubt it’s the new dps passive. From what I have found out from others the bow jerking happened to Hanzo before in OW1 as well years ago.

Skip to time stamp 6:16

1 Like

:frowning:
I can’t really play Hanzo like this.

again ya’ll the best way to fix this bug is to not play overwatch.

I have read a tweet a couple days ago, with the transition to truly being cross platform it made it harder to patch some things on the spot.

It seems as it is now they fixed an internal tool to do small changes to the game live, which was broken in the first place for the entire season one, may be even longer (probably thats why they removed May and Bast for some time)

Which brings me to the why it takes Blizz so long th fix things.
If said tool can’t fix an issue like that they have to roll out a new update the old fashioned way. Obviously.
Since OW2 is now cross platform/progression playable means the update process for them is a little like this.

• find out there is a bug
  • fix it on an internal build
  • submit the patch to Microsoft and Sony
  • wait for the approval for the patch by Microsoft and Sony
  • find out they missed something which annoys the community (like this Hanzo bug)
  • repeat

I wouldn’t be surprised, if the approval times of Microsoft and Sony would take for ever wich spikes the response time extremely up.

imo, this is something blizz should have communicated way clearer to us to show the reason why things are the way they are.

(it was a reply from “Jon Spector @Spex_J” on dec. 13.)

1 Like

Is it fix in today hotfix patch?

No, it’s not in the patch notes. I don’t think a hotfix can fix that issue.

dude they clearly changed the animation its not a bug

as said before, they already acknowledged it as a bug

1 Like

Still havnt fixed it wtf

1 Like

Assume they are going to fix it and roll out a massive patch when the olympus stuff comes out

2 Likes

Fixed in todays patch. yay.

2 Likes

Finally man. So this bug takes a month to fix