Hanzo Firing Animation Glitch (Season 2 Launch)

Upon updating Overwatch 2 for the launch of Season 2 and going into the Practice Range, I selected Hanzo (one of my all-time mains) and immediately noticed a brand new bug with the animation of firing his bow. I played Hanzo earlier today and this bug was not present.

The bugged animation occurs when releasing a charged arrow. The normal ‘drawing back’ animation occurs properly, and holding a fully charged arrow occurs properly. The animation of releasing the arrow is where the issue starts, and it applies to the ‘release’ animation regardless of how charged the arrow is from 1% to 100%.

Description of the bugged animation being that upon releasing the arrow, the position of Hanzo’s bow jumps dramatically upwards onscreen. The height it jumps to is dependent on and relative to how charged the arrow is. (Issue applies to charging a Sonic Arrow as well, but does NOT apply to Storm Arrows)

82 Likes

Same. Hopefully they fix this asap.

11 Likes

Please get this fixed ASAP, It was extremely distracting in game. basically seems like the accessibility choice to remove HUD shake doesn’t work anymore?

13 Likes

That’s honestly a pretty good theory. I thought maybe it had something to do with how they adjusted the DPS role passive to have a faster reload speed, and maybe that adjustment affected the bow’s “reload” animation that starts on firing even when the passive isn’t active. But yeah you’re right it probably does have something to do with the screen and HUD shake.

7 Likes

Bump to get fixed. It is really jarring

9 Likes

Actually happens on the very last arrow of storm arrow aswell.

13 Likes

yeah, super annoying and distracting. pls fix

8 Likes

Noticed this as well after trying more things.

Happens on every skin, and happens whether the golden weapon is equipped or not.

6 Likes

bump they need to fix this

8 Likes

Bump. Super annoying.

5 Likes

bump plz fix/respond, ty!

5 Likes

bump
pls fix blizzard k thanks

5 Likes

Extremely annoying bug. Makes the character nearly unplayable.

9 Likes

Poster described this issue perfectly. Hanzo’s arms (and bow) fling upwards on screen after every fully charged arrow is causing a HUGE distraction, blocking vision of everything you’re looking at, and it even started hurting my eyes halfway through a single 5 minute match, but not only that, my aim was easily half as accurate as normal and had miserable stats to prove it.

I have 700+ hours on Hanzo in 2.5 years. I will leave you with Hanzo’s most direct voiceline.

“Unacceptable.”

I am unsure if playing Hanzo right now is even viable, if not downright literally painful to play. If this animation is intentional, then someone in the dev team really screwed up. I’m giving the benefit of the doubt though and hope that this is a bug, but either way it needs to be addressed ASAP! I hope and trust I am speaking for all Hanzo mains!

PLEASE GET THIS BACK TO NORMAL!

Thanks.

17 Likes

This honestly does need to be fixed as it is very annoying and distracting and throws off my aim

5 Likes

Purely dreadful, can’t get a good pin on if this is happening to every hanzo or just a select few but it is super distracting.

4 Likes

I honestly think this has something to do with the removal of the speed buff that DPS would get and the increased reload speed.

5 Likes

As someone who only plays Hanzo this makes the character unplayable. Please just fix it so the reload animation doesn’t cover the crosshair. The bow shouldn’t move after every shot.

4 Likes

It happens to me with storm arrow as well, the bow will sometimes seem like its floating in the middle of my screen when shooting storm arrow. Faster i shoot storm arrow worse it gets.

3 Likes

Seconding this. Please fix this recoil bug asap blizzard. He feels unplayable with all that distraction.

5 Likes