Hanzo and Widow have been out of control for too long and it needs to stop

Wall hacks is a crazy powerful utility.

2 Likes

Widow/hanzo honestly are BEYOND busted. This is an objective game and 1 shots don’t work. Literally best way to balance them is removing their 1 shots they don’t need them. Pick value in yhis game is to high and they can 1 shot for free from hella far riskless. Also their body shot dmg is way to high they should at least require 3 shots to kill off body shots. Snipers are suppose to be weak up close but they are so good up close both havr mobility, both can 1 shot u up close, widow has her automatic rifle for up close in case she doesn’t wanna aim and hanzo has storm of arrows to make him even more braindead. These 2 characters literally do it all and their most consistent counter play is a mirror match, people b1tch out tanks being op and that we have so many tank metas but the reason we have so many tank metas is BECAUSE of widow/hanzo . Nobody wanys to keep getting 1 shot immediately after leaving spawn, but hey people just need to get good and snipers are fair.

1 Like

Yes, I did.

People underestimated how good the sonar is (as they understimated Sym and Torb overheal mechanics, but I digress), and he was intended to be played as a mid-range sniper, where his projectiles where fast enough that it worked almost as a hitscan hero.

Hanzo was fine. He would get in trouble if a close range enemy got close enough, but that was the fair tradeoff on a sniper archetype character. They should be weak at close range, and if you knew where you was positioned, wall climb was enough to provide you a quick escape route against most close range heroes.

It just makes no sense that the dev repeatedly says they can’t give Ana any kinda of mobility or self-healing because “heroes need weaknesses”, but try their best to minimize snipers own weaknesses.

So, yeah. I stand that hanzo did not needed Lunge. Scatter needed a damage cap, and that was all.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I guess he does have some utility.

I agree, 100%.

Don’t forget the ridiculous size of his projectiles.

I don’t know what the devs were thinking for him. And the fact that he gets a see through walls hack on a short cooldown is even more BS.

I’m an Ashe main and it just sucks going up against Hanzo because he’s effective at Ashe’s preferred range, long range, sneaking up, etc. And I have to deal with his projectiles being huge + his (seemingly) smaller head hitbox than my own.

It’s stupid.

True, and Hanzo and Widowmaker aren’t.

They’ll never do anything because Blizzard loves Widow/Hanzo to help with OWL viewership. One-shot kill mechanics make for nice highlights.

So what is needed. Because 6 months ago it’s what everyone was asking for. A nerf to her escape tool.

Snipers are more difficult to play than either hero. Everyone just seems to talk about snipers like anyone can pick them up and make it to top500 with them.

4 Likes

So?

Does this means they will get a free pass when it comes to balancing? Sombra and Doomfist aren’t low skill heroes either and guess what happened to them?

Well, let’s not sugarcoat it, shall we? Yes, playing snipers takes moderate skills, but it ain’t exactly THE hardest thing in the game.

Widowmaker lacks the drawbacks snipers has in other games like scope swaying, recoil and lack of mobility. Not to mention that mechanical skill is pretty much the only required skill to play her well, which is of course still a hard skill to get, but yeah, other than that is Widowmaker as straightforward as you can get.

Hanzo’s skill floor has dropped significantly with his rework. Like, a lot. He’s not that hard to pick up anymore. His skill ceiling too has dropped a bit with it.

Again, I’m not saying they are both easy to play and easy to get top 500 with, but I’m not agreeing with them being the hardest heroes to play either.

5 Likes

We shall see because that 12 second cooldown means she can be much less aggressive in her positioning and is more likely to be able to be caught with it on CD by dive heroes.

So play Hanzo and be GM?

Argument debunked.

1 Like

No it does mean all of that. People always complain about easy low skill heroes being too rewarding…here we have difficult heroes that are rewarded for mastery of their playstyle. If you nerf the hardest heroes to play youd need to nerf the easy ones bc its bs that easy heroes would have more reward than harder ones.

3 Likes

Literally can’t take this game seriously with how Doomfist/Widow/Hanzo work. Imagine playing other DPS heroes.

2 simple reasons:

1. a lot of fps players that main them and that would leave the game if they can’t oneshot
  2. OWL being more spectacular with pro’s headshots

I agree that games are worse with snipers and doom oneshots but I’m afraid we just have to keep dealing with them

lol her nerf was basically nothing. she was op before and still is

1 Like

I mean… we don’t actually have to, do we? :man_shrugging:
We’re on the tail-end of a mass exodus, and despite the game’s limitless issues, those three combined are one of the primary reasons for so many people leaving. Crazy to think that 10% of the roster has been integral in driving millions of players away.

they aren’t broken and aren’t the cause of double shield.
not only that widows and hanzos are not good in your rank anyway
/thread

I don’t know, I have to be honest. I hate their oneshots but I’m not going to leave the game because I still love playing OW despite Widowmaker. And I play on console where it is full of MKB lowlife scums maining her.

Let’s see here… Area denial/awesome for combo ults: dragon
Scouting for the team with a low cooldown long ranged wallhack? sonic arrow.
Means to quickly burst down anyone attacking the backline or hanzo himself:
Storm arrow.

No utility, what a joke.