Hammond and Torbjorn's new ultimate + a mercy revert

Maybe hammond setting up mines and torbjorn making “deathzones” is pretence for a mercy revert?

Picture this;

1. You kill 3-5 people, but not the mercy.
  2. You slap some mines/high noon/molten core on there.
  3. mercy ressurects (hopefully they remove invulnerability that ish is OP)
  4. everyone dies again, and so does the mercy, because of the mines.

ressurect had a 15 metre radius and so do these ults, depending on how they’re used.

This is holding me over for now, probably false hope. but there are many counters to mass res now, and valkyrie just isnt an ultimate anymore, as it no longer interacts with her real ultimate, her E, ressurect.

25 Likes

This is a very good point! We have so much CC and traps now that already make it difficult for Mercy to pull off her current rez. How about trying this out on the PTR Blizzard?

17 Likes

Hmmm… that is quite a good point. Even though the defense heroes were specialized in area denial. Hammond and and the new Torbjörn are actually the first two heroes who actually can do area denial (Mei to an extend, but the other two are better).

4 Likes
  1. everyone walks out unharmed due the the invincibility frames after being resurrected.

And yeah they could remove it but it was a change that made mass rez more viable in the first place, it didn’t always have that, you used to lose the invulnerably as soon as you could move.

3 Likes

Plus I can imagine Torb’s turret being an issue to get in and rez since he can get them out much easier so it will probably be easier to pick her off before she can even get close to rez. Hammond can even swing in to knock her out of her GA to prevent her form getting close. Also a Zarya can even solo grav her if she wanted to. So much more can be named here. We have so many ways to counter mass rez now to the point that it shouldn’t even be a question to at least try a revert at this point.

1 Like

Or we can have a good mercy rework like this:

2 Likes

Buuuuut didn’t they literally say

???

1 Like

actually, the I frames for ressurected people where only during the time they were immobile and a split second after, so widow and hanzo couldnt get a super easy pick.

how about instead of invuln a burst heal or like, 150 to all currently alive teammates in the radius, and a 1 second cast time?

there are many ideas floating around, and slapping this on the ptr and seeing how it’s recieved could be interesting.

Can’t move when you’re invulnerable. Unless you’re the Mercy but I highly doubt they’d bring back invulnerability for Mercy.

1 Like

Yup, Mercy would be dead before the team fight even starts again.

I honestly didn’t even have to deal with a problem like this during season 3. Is it weird that I saw no difference? :joy:little secret, I didn’t even know invulnerability was added to Mercy. :joy: (at the time ofc)

Yeah, it wasn’t as OP as people paint it out to be.

1 Like

I assumed that was for Mercy herself so she would actually be able to die in it.

Ahhhhhh wasn’t clear

Several things already countered it before as well. McCree’s high noon was perfect for this job even before they increased its lock speed. It is only garbage now because Mass Rez is gone.

Let us also not forget the ult loss on use change had not been in effect when Mercy had Mass Rez. Imagine denying Mercy her rez now? It would be GONE instead of delayed.

2 Likes

One main problem is the time. Most Area Denial ults have a set up time like the mines. This means they can either be used proactively or re-actively.

If you use them re-actively then mercy still gets the rez off and therefore you havnt done the job.

If you use them proactively youre assuming mercy has rez and will use rez which is a big if. And if mercy looks and sees that the point is now covered with molten goop she can just walk away and now she still has ult but the other team has used theirs.

Mercy: sees two ultimates or more have been used in the very area she wants to bring her teammates into Looks like clear skies to me! Time to press Q!

Do you see how this would never happen? Mercy would see her team get wiped, notice all the hazards around the dead bodies, and just not press Q. Congrats: the enemy team wasted an ultimate, or two, or three, after having very likely just used the other three ultimates they had to get a team wipe, just so Mercy could save her ultimate for the next fight.

Mass Res, not coming back.

Yeah pretty much. Re-actively using ults could just be a waste a lot of times.

They won’t ever revert Mercy. It would completely undermine and destroy their ability to make any unpopular change ever again, because they would guarantee they’d be brigaded forever by everyone who opposed it. Because it had worked in the past.

Wouldn’t just be OW, either. It’d extend to all of their games.

They simply cannot, will not, and should not go back after digging in as hard as they have.

2 Likes

Whats that idiom? “Give an inch and they take a mile”