Had a game where Junkrat get his ult in 12 seconds

I used to play Junkrat before the buff, I win In Nepal by just standing back in the highground door spamming at the point while a team fight, I kill 3 people, POTG.

Grats, he is winning in those low ranks, like the stats showed. Means nothing, besides that lower levels have less game sense

1 Like

Those where highly unlikely to be all solo elims, probably 3 final blows.

Because Junkrat does too little damage, right?

In 12 seconds? That can only mean 1 thing. Trap and mine outside door. Whole team walks out together, traps someone, Mine does damage to all 6 players. At the same time Junkrat hit a couple shots. It is your fault for not looking out the door during setup.

I have seen Sym get her ult just as fast, 6 turrets and a charged up ball that hit everyone coming out the door.

2 Likes

If a GM pharah can get barrage in 23 seconds, a lower-than-GM junkrat can spam an ult in 12 seconds.

To get consistent solo kills against master players, without looking? Yes his consistent damage is to low for that. Or was it maybe not a game on your current rank, and you where playing against a bunch of ā€œred pain ball huggersā€ that game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyIC8K_PFw

Wouldnā€™t have happened if the enemy team wasnā€™t in a line for the reflected firestrike to generate ~60% of his ult.

But of course this is all skill on the genjiā€™s part and not broken in any way whatsoever. The poor positioning and firestrike from the enemy rein had something to do with it, but itā€™s all skill that let him capitalize.

However, if Junkrat does his thing and the enemy team is similarly clumped together letting him get 2, 3, or 4 targets per grenade itā€™s because Junkrat is OP. Thereā€™s no skill thatā€™s applicable, and itā€™s also not the enemy teamā€™s fault. Theyā€™re supposed to clump together. The fact that junkrat punishes that is just proof that heā€™s OP.

People donā€™t make sense.

OP needs to QQ more.

1 Like

Unless the genji deflects multiple nades heā€™ll deal about 280 damage at most.

Because the nade deals 40 contact damage and 80 splash. If the genji hit 3 people with firestrike heā€™ll actually deal more damage.

Worst part is that Genji doesnā€™t even need to be on screen to deflect that stuff.

And thatā€™s it about Genji, letā€™s get back to talking abt junkrat so we donā€™t re-rail this post.

Also the thing that lets him capitalise is looking in the general direction on the enemy team and Pressing E.

I had a game where D Va got her ult in 20 secondsā€¦

My post was a comparison that there is a double-standard. There are other characters that get ult really quickly, who in normal circumstances do not.

Genji is a good comparison because their ult charge requirements are almost exactly the same (1575 for junk vs 1500 for genju) but their kits are completely different in application (AoE trash damage area denial vs precision kill security).

In particular, the clip I linked is relevant because genji relied on his opponents making mistakes to generate an ult in 12.45 second past the first shot being fired. This is relevant because thatā€™s exactly what junkrat needs as well. The difference is that when people see the clip I linked they think ā€œwow! what a skilled genji being able to capitalize on mistakes like that!ā€

Junkrat does the same thing? ā€œOP! Nerf! No skill required! Mistakes arenā€™t mistakes!ā€

1 Like

but your a mei mainā€¦ ive played ranked with u before your not the nicest person out there

2 Likes

did that dva bomb go around the map and search for you specifically?
if so, you deserve to die.

OK, Iā€™ll give you that junk CAN get some no-skill kills. However, in order for him to be actually viable, you need direct hits. Often from far away. THAT takes skill.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten LUcioā€™s ult in 30 seconds before.

It can happen for any heroes that can deal damage to multiple people at once. In Philadelphia Fusionā€™s first match of the season, Fragi hit the whole Outlaws team with his firestrike and had 60% ult in 6 seconds. He had is ult at 24 seconds, the fastest ult build for Rein thus far and before the point had even unlocked (Lijiang Tower)

Right, my bad.

I canā€™t read sarcasm onlines unless thereā€™s a

/s

Because some people on here are genuinely stupid.

2 Likes

You or your team were idiots. Question answered.

3 Likes

Everybody on your team stood in trash damage instead of taking cover. Explained.

3 Likes

She tried to use it on everyone