Hack needs to be a skill shot

or sombra needs to be deleted. swap how virus and hack work or something, idrc. Its a huge value ability that takes no skill and you can do it while invisible. Its ridiculous. No one likes being hacked, its not even very fun to use because it requires less than 0 skill. Im tired of her being in every single game making them all completely unfun. Do something, give her the sym treatment and throw her in the garbage never to be seen again if making hack take skill is too difficult for whatever reason.

40 Likes

No you can’t, using hack reveals you.

15 Likes

I guess he’ll be happy, he already got what he wanted. :thinking:

3 Likes

You can interrupt hack and quite easily too. The time window is short, but not impossible. I remember when hack was uninterruptable and I made threads requesting the ability to interrupt it.

Even as the mortal enemy of Sombra players I don’t think they need any major nerfs right now.

1 Like

it “reveals” you but doesnt destealth you. im pretty sure torb turret doesnt even shoot you when youre “revealed”

8 Likes

Agreed. Magnetized abilities are far too easy for how much value they provide.

“jUsT sHoOT hER to StoP iT” isn’t viable when you’re being stalked by an invisible character. They will always choose the most optimal angle to start the hack and they will always wait until you stop looking for them to do it. They only need to press one button and the game just plays itself after that.

Meanwhile, the receiver of the hack has to be constantly aware of something they can’t hear or see until the moment it happens. Then they’re expected to 180 and land the perfect shot before the half a second cast is popped.

18 Likes

Sombra is now one of the most well balanced heroes in the game and of course the whining threads persist. lol, cope. She has plenty of counterplay.

6 Likes

Imagine a character who has no primary fire, no ult, and only one ability, but that ability instantly kills an enemy of their choice. Depending on the cooldown, this character could be stupid broken, absolutely worthless, or just balanced. Whatever the cooldown, though, it would feel like absolute garbage to play against.

Hack isn’t as extreme as an instant kill, of course, but just because something is balanced doesn’t mean that complaints are unwarranted.

3 Likes

NHhahaha then i need be very fast and skilled to interrupt the hack but sombra dont need any skills to hack someone?? very fair xd

4 Likes

I wouldn’t say performing a 180 and pressing an input is very skilled personally. Maybe on console it is more skilled. But definitely not on PC with M&K.

They should at least add some new checks to stop it if your behind a wall or really far away, its so unfair from the hacked persons POV

1 Like

Just pull a switcheroo with Virus and Hacked. Hacked is on the projectile, which retains it’s impact damage while Virus is still a DoT that does more damage while the target is hacked, except it can now be avoided with good aiming and the reward for casting it is way lower compared go Hack.

To clarify here a smidge for some:

The moment hack begins to target an enemy, sombra is revealed and hack is considered “interrupted”.

Whether or not the hack does or doesnt finish- sombra will remain visible and her stealth goes on its “cooldown” of 3 seconds. If she does nothing else that would interrupt stealth, shell turn invisible again.

An exception is if she hacks something like a health pack- She will be “revealed”, but stealth will not be “interrupted”, so the moment the hack finished on the health pack shell turn invisible again basically immediately.

When people say things like “she can hack from stealth” what they mean (or should mean) is she can run around with her hand up, ready to hack someone, and will begin to hack the moment there is a viable target in front of her. She doesnt need to “break stealth” first in order to begin hacking.

An important note to remember is that in her immediate state prior to this mini rework, sombras hack didnt function this way. She had to fully “decloak” / exit stealth (which had a wind up animation to go through), before she could begin hacking someone.

9 Likes

I think it is fun to use cause these post are what i live for, knowing someone is whining… You do know you can shoot her to interrupt right?

Sure, do so, I dare you.

Her win rate will drop, and the will buff the living hell out of the other areas.

I am SURE you will love what happens next.

3 Likes

Blizzard’s definition of skill shot is a Minecraft cube you can throw with easy first shot accuracy.

So no they will probably make it something like Reinhardt firestrike but can be thrown from invisiblity and hack everyone it passes through

1 Like

Exactly… this is the problem with Sombra. How much grandstanding about positioning, positioning, POSITIONING being key in Overwatch is there in the forums, videos, ect… well there’s no positioning, or cover, or any tactic when people can infinitely stalk you unseen and can wait until you are actually playing the game to attack from behind or above. It’s stupid in a game like this. Then if you DO manage to turn around and attack them back without being killed by the players you are engaging, they get FREE escapes.

It’s so bad for this game, the kit is such cheese. It needs a rework, and invisibility needs to go, at least infinite invisibility.
Why can’t it work like Venture’s digging or something. You get 8 seconds to be invisible… if you can’t make YOUR play by then, too bad, you weren’t ready, didn’t plan right, and actually have repercussions.

14 Likes

If there is a sombra, I just run around spraying w Tracer and don’t pay any attention at all to the match. I just play “spray the sombra”… wait for the match to end. I refuse, it’s that simple. I wish EVERYONE would do the same. I only play QP bc of her. She ruins OW, it’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

1 Like

It’s not even the hack part that’s the problem, it’s the infinite stealth part.

9 Likes

Hack being a skill shot would defeat its main purpose - being an anti-mobility tool. Again, high mobility is not countered by precision, it counters precision. Why do you think the main ways to deal with Widow traditionally have been using heroes like Ball, Genji and Tracer?

2 Likes