H-5 error code (stuck on applying update loading screen)

hello, i’m having a slight problem where i try to play any time of mode in Overwatch (QP, Arcade, Custom, and even training) and i get left on the applying update loading screen then kicks me giving me the H-5 code and displaying the message “client request disconnect”. The game itself registers me as in the match, seeing as i can see in the chat box who joins and leaves as well as it saying i will be kicked due to inactivity.
I’ve went into my local app data and deleted my OW folder in the blizzard entertainment then scanned and repaired using the battle.net app but this did not fix my problem. i also went and set my Secondary Logon to automatic, went and disabled any proxies, went to see if any antivirus was interfering (which there was none), and even went to make sure all the files are going where they should.

i was just wondering if anyone had the same problem and if someone had any other solutions. Thank you for your time and i hope you can help. ^-^

1 Like

This issue is already being discussed in another thread:

Please see the steps there for resolving.

Thank you for replying, but sadly this did not work T^T
I’ve done this multiple times with even a full computer restart as well.
Is there anything else that could possibly work?

There are other tips in that thread, but this is a local configuration issue.

None of that worked T^T
Anyways thank you for trying to help me, I’ll keep messing around and hopefully I’ll get it. I really appreciate your help ^-^

Try these new steps someone added:

This seem not to work for me either… Do you by chance know some other way to fix this error?

any luck on this issue? having same problem…

Hey all,

We’re tracking this at another thread. Please keep an eye on this thread and post any reports here.